How do I put a discount on certain dates?

Sarah803
Level 6
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand

How do I put a discount on certain dates?

I have some dates coming up I have no bookings for so I want to offer a discount I don't want to just reduce my nightly price but add that little discount tag - how do I do this

43 Replies 43
Tessa11
Level 1
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

How do you do it?

Nadine405
Level 1
Whanganui, New Zealand

I dont have the option to tick 'length of stays' option, do i have to upgrade?

I have also been trying to do a discount for certain days. I did get an email suggesting I do it but it didnt work. Would very much like to be able to flag a discount to attract guests for certain dates. 

Mary1636
Level 2
San Marcos, CA

If Airbnb is worried about abuse they could easily track data to see who is "consistently" offering last minute bookings OR who has an inflated list price to the last minute price......very easy for smart people to create programs to track this data.

Very disappointing as I had a cancellation for a big weekend and ended up losing, but if we could offer a last minute and push to top or get a little extra Airbnb LOVE that would be super helpful.

Jackie41
Level 3
San Jose, CA

Early bird and Last-minute discounts will only appear if you turn off Smart Pricing. Go to your Pricing settings, turn off Smart Pricing, and refresh your page. You'll first only see the "Early Bird discount" section available. To make the "Last-minute discounts" section appear, you need to set the "Early bird discount" to something (even if just to test it) and refresh the page again. In a moment you'll see the "Last-minute discounts" section appear. 

And there you have it!

You are a genius! Thank you, it works!

Callie13
Level 4
Duluth, GA

After reading through this whole thread I finally figured out how to get to the last minute discount option. At first I felt super thrilled to have found it until I read the side note from Airbnb that I quote below. This basically defeats the purpose sought out by the original comment for this post which is to advertise that you are discounting your prices. Yes, it is a marketing tool but it is not a gimmick if it is truly a discount of our standard rates. I wish Airbnb would actually allow us to set the discount in our settings and place a tag on our listing that indicates to potential guests that they would be getting a deal. 

"About last-minute discounts
Last-minute discounts must be less than 28 days. You can add multiple last-minute discounts. These discounts won’t be shown to guests."

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Callie13 

You could temporarily alter your listing title to read "Last minute discounts now available"

Gosia27
Level 2
San Diego, CA

ok, so I just spoke with airbnb support. This is being rolled out slowly to various sections of the country. I told them this is stupid. Why don't you roll out to the people that want the service rather than just rolling out to a wide group that may not want it. After all, this is software and highly implementable. So the people screaming for this service have to wait, while the people that are like "ehh" will be getting it. Makes real business sense

Any updates about this discount code feature?

How can I place codes on a voucher website? Which one is the best to use?

Tammy347
Level 1
Nowthen, MN

I'm new to AirBnB and just getting my listing together.  I have not published it yet.  We would like to offer a discount for military families and from what I am reading, the only way possible is to change the price on the days they rent, is this correct?  Also, I have read that i can set specific prices for certain dates but I seem to be struggle to get this to work- I'm not finding where I can select my start and end date- is it because I haven't published my listing yet?  Thanks in advance. 

The dates and prices per night are managed in the "calendar" function. You can change the price of multiple days by multi-selecting them and adjusting the price.

See my note below for a way to advertise a special. It's pretty manual but very effective. 

Anna-Marie20
Level 2
Carrboro, NC

You can advertise a discount and encourage a booking by:

1 - Updating your short description/title to note something like *Late booking special Extra 15% offered by host at booking"

2. If the guest books, you then immediately send them a note (if you haven't already answered this question), that you are sending a reservation change request that will discount their nightly rate, and that they need to accept.

3. Go into the "modify or cancel reservation function", reduce the total amount by the % or $ off discount you advertised. Send the request.

The guest accepts and the total is adjusted.