How do I remove photo room tags so photos sort properly?

Answered!
Nancy1783
Level 1
Concord, NH

How do I remove photo room tags so photos sort properly?

Hi, all, 

We published our first listing last week (link at end of post) and have run into a photo-display problem.  

We spent a ton of time ordering our photos and writing "narrative" captions to facilitate an understanding of the space layout/flow and tell the space "story."

We tested the photo carousel display on mobile and laptop, and everything was fine--until I tagged the photos by room.

The listing landing page shows the first five photos in the intended order. But when viewers click into photos, the photos now sort based on what appears to be AirBnB's display default order: living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, office, exterior, additional/other. Not the viewing experience we intended at all.

We want to remove the room tags on our photos so the carousel reverts to the intended display order, but I cannot find any way to do this.

Does anyone know how to remove room tags from photos?

When I go into photo editing options, it only presents an option to edit caption, edit photo, change order (which, again, gets over-ridden by photo room tags), or delete. I am viewing in Chrome on a MacBook Air and in the app on an iPhone 12. 

Here is a link to the listing in case helpful: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/699793247720424417?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=296d5da0-0308... 

Thank you all for reading and for any knowledge you can share!

Nancy 

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nancy1783 

You have tagged the photos per room in section "property and rooms", item "rooms an spaces".

Go there and choose edit. Then choose button "edit photos" and uncheck the checkbox in right-top-corner of each photo. Then save. It is recommended to keep the bedroom photo's tagged, as they are shown in section "sleeping arrangement"

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nancy1783 

You have tagged the photos per room in section "property and rooms", item "rooms an spaces".

Go there and choose edit. Then choose button "edit photos" and uncheck the checkbox in right-top-corner of each photo. Then save. It is recommended to keep the bedroom photo's tagged, as they are shown in section "sleeping arrangement"

@Emiel1 , you are a true lifesaver! I just followed your steps, and it worked like a charm. Many thanks!