How do I remove the Special Discount in my listing?

Answered!
Tristan28
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

How do I remove the Special Discount in my listing?

I just signed up as a host and opted in to the 15% off all bookings. However, I realise I don't want this on my listing as I would prefer to offer weekly and monthly discounts. How do I remove this from my listing?

At the moment, if someone books for a week, they get the 15% off and another percentage off for weekly/monthly. I would prefer to encourage long term bookings but with the 15%, I would need to hike up my prices too much.

Please help me disable this instant 15% discount. I don't know how to do it!

thanks!

1 Best Answer

I figured out. In the calendar, there is a small tag

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.28.27 AM.png

View Best Answer in original post

66 Replies 66

Me either still trying to figure out how to turn it off

YAY, thank you!

This is just another example of how the folks at Airbnb "just do stuff" and DON"T PROVIDE ADAQUATE FOLLOW-UP... or even training to their customer service/tech folks. I went to my listing settings, to my price settings, and to my calendar. I could not find this anyplace! Because, GUESS WHAT, it wans't made clear to me when I signed up that it was for the "1st guest only." So, since I've had 2 booking since then, it no longer existed! Anyplace! I even called in to customer service, had some under-educated place holder fumble around and send me to all the pages I'd already been on, put me on hold, and then drop the call. And not call back. 

So, for you NEW AIRBNB HOSTS, get used to the halfassed worold of Airbnb! Great concept, great community, Fkdup systems interface.

Now, if I just figure out how to get Airbnb charge my pet fee...

Chris, trust me is much worse at Home Away. Not the answer you seek, but do consider.

Thank you, everyone! I had the same issue, and couldn't find an answer until I came here! 

As a note for Mac users: I'm on Safari, and I had to click on a date that had no reservations yet. In the box to the right, under pricing, I found the note re: special discount offer and the option to remove it. 

Perfect!  I figured it out. Thank you!

Beverley107
Level 2
Portrush, United Kingdom

Thank you so  much! I have spent the past week on to Airbnb trying to remove the promotion and they told me they couldn't do it! Using Safari let me do it. Thanks again!

the calendar that i see only gives me the blocked month! I dont see the tag...

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Marina483 you have no dates available all year, edit your "Reservation preferences" the booking window might be set to "Dates unavailable by default". someone mentioned Smart pricing has to be switched off for the tag to appear.

Oh, have you only just published your listing, it can take a couple of days to be integrated into the system.

I HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM AND FINALLY YOU HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS . THANKS A LOT!!!!

Susie79
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

You're a star. Thank you so much

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Dee983
Level 2
Burnham-on-Crouch, United Kingdom

So helpful, thank you for locating was going around in circles!  😊

How do I add this discount back to my listing, i removed it by accident?

Susan927
Level 1
North Fremantle, Australia

Yes , as a new host, I got caught by this one!

While I was trying to turn off the discount  -   having initially followed an Airbnb tip to offer a 49% discount for stays over 28 nights, then another tip to offer my first THREE guests a 20% discount ( how could I be so stupid?), -and finally, to compound the problem, turning on both Smart Pricing and Instant Booking -  my first  guest grabbed this amazing offer and  booked instantly for 37 nights.

He got such a huge reduction on the original price that it is barely worth my while financially (and could  even leave me  with a financial loss as I didn't have a security fee in place at the time!)

I THINK I have  turned off the 20% discount now but  maybe I have to check the calendar for months into the future??

Tania207
Level 2
Ħal Għargħur, Malta

Same happened to me 😞 I have 2 Dutch interns coming over for 77 days after they used the 20% discount + monthly discount + smart pricing the day I listed. I'm now getting  52% less in revenue.

By the way, try and just hover over the dates where a special offer is still valid. I did that and a window appeared, allowing me to remove the offer. Good luck 🙂

P.S. I'm not following the discount percentages suggested by Airbnb. I used 10% for weekly and 35% for monthly.