How do I remove the Special Discount in my listing?

Answered!
Tristan28
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

How do I remove the Special Discount in my listing?

I just signed up as a host and opted in to the 15% off all bookings. However, I realise I don't want this on my listing as I would prefer to offer weekly and monthly discounts. How do I remove this from my listing?

At the moment, if someone books for a week, they get the 15% off and another percentage off for weekly/monthly. I would prefer to encourage long term bookings but with the 15%, I would need to hike up my prices too much.

Please help me disable this instant 15% discount. I don't know how to do it!

thanks!

1 Best Answer

I figured out. In the calendar, there is a small tag

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.28.27 AM.png

View Best Answer in original post

66 Replies 66
David2109
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Same problem....ridiculous.

Here's what I did and it seemed to work: Go to the calendar for your listing, click on any available date that shows the special offer and a window will open on the right side that will contain the special offer.  Click on remove special offer, and it will be completely removed from all the dates on the calendar.  Repeat for all your other listings which you can select from the drop down at the upper left.  Once you do that, however, it's not retrievable.

Asya4
Level 2
New York, NY

I hope you got to removed it in time.  If you had not, not only would the discount be combined with your long term discount, but apparently AirBnB does not know how to properly combine percentages.

To combine two percentages, they just add them together.  That's what happened to me.  I complained to customer service, but if you can believe it, they defended it saying that it was correct and I should set a different long term discount if I don't want to discount so much.

I'm only happy they didn't combine 50% discount with 50% discount or I'd be getting 0 according to their math!

Paul976
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi. I have tried going to the calendar but the tag doesn't show on mine! How do I see the tag? Jie? Anyone? Thank you.

Melody101
Level 2
Goshen, IN

So my question is a bit different but along the same lines. If I have a weekend thats open that I would like to have filled I'd like to offer potential guests a discount. Is there any way to select a few days and give a 15-20% discount on those days AFTER your initial few guests have stayed? Right now I'm trying to get my popularity/exposure up so I'm not as concerned about top revenue as just getting weekends/weeks filled. Anyone have a clue about this?

Samantha471
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

As a note for Firefox users: I'm on Firefox, and I had to click on a date that had no reservations yet. In the box to the right, under pricing, I found the note re: special discount offer and the option to remove it. Worked like a charm!

An50
Level 2
Alveringem, Belgium

Same problem here. Airbnb put a 20% discount for the first 3 bookings on my ad, without me knowing it. I would like to turn it off, but nothing seems to help. So I just changed the rates...

But:

I already got a reservation and the 20% discount did not go off. The person who made the reservation asked me about it... what can I do about it?

did you find a fix to this other than raising the rate so the discount applied dropped it to the intended rate?  i am having the same issue..

Thank you this post was very helpful 

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

But this doesn't work when the discounted period is booked. I would like the offer not to show anymore when somebody opens my listing, but the days are crossed in my calendar and there is no "Remove this offer" button!  

Instead of the anavailable discount which cannot be removed, I would like the message like "People are eying this place" or so to show! 

Is there any way?

Sarah3798
Level 2
Havre, MT

My listings show past promotions and special offers i CAN apply, but nothing about turning off an offer. It shows the offer is good to go until April 9th, but no way to turn it off. Airbnb discourages turning off smart pricing so that makes me nervous to do it. I just can't keep giving away these spaces for next to nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

@Sarah3798  Pay no attention to what Airbnb discourages. They couldn't care less whether your prices make it worthwhile to host, all they care about is that guests book so they can collect their service fees.

Disregard their price tips, smart pricing, discount prodding, etc., and do what works best for you.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sarah3798 

Special offers and promotions can be turned off again.

If you don't like Smart Pricing, then change to "normal" pricing.

I use Smart Pricing, but with a small bandwith and minimum price set to the price I would have used when being on "normal" pricing.

What Airbnb encourages or discourages is mainly marketing, you need to make your own decisions.

Diane210
Level 2
Alberta, Canada

I am having the same situation.  Air BnB gave a guest 10% off without my knowledge or consent.  now they want to cancel.

@Diane210  The guest wants to cancel because you told them it was an error and asked for more money? That's not a great move for a 10% difference. I would have let it go and then worked on how this happened.

It isn't the guest's fault the price was wrong, so if you aren't willing to honor it, you should offer a full refund if they want to cancel.