How do I see Guest Profile?

Lisa116
Level 1
Austin, TX

How do I see Guest Profile?

I have a guest interested in my home.  How do I see their profile? All I can see is their profile photo & the city they are from.  I have requested that they verify their ID before renting - is that a stumblng block for potential guests?

33 Replies 33
Jaye1
Level 1
Ann Arbor, MI

I am having the same problem, posting here with hopes to draw the attention of the AirBnB team. Help us please, you are loosing business!

I am having the same issue. I cannot see reviews of guests that are sending inquiries about my room. Why is this?

Lin29
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

i would like to know more about my guests, how do i find out, do they not have to give an ID to air bnb, i can't find that out either. i want to know nationality and ID number, surely that is essential. Air bnb appear not to care.

John1093
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Similarly can't see anything. I am trying to host for the first time - if you can't see anything then why would anyone let someone into their home? AirB&B shooting themselves in the foot in not being able to respond to this. I heard a rumour that they recently changed the policy so that you can only see Guest Reviews if you have 'instant book' switched on - which then defeats the object of having reviews surely? Hosting may be more trouble than it is worth....

Very true. I agree. Especially when the guest are staying in the same apartment or house as the host. 

Justin216
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

I just saw this
"When you let guests book instantly, you’ll be able to see how other hosts rated them on cleanliness, communication, and how well they followed House Rules. Guest ratings will be available for any booking you get while Instant Book is on.
If you’re ever uncomfortable with a reservation, you always have the option to cancel penalty-free. Learn more
Does this mean you have to have instant book on to see their profile?
Myra22
Level 2
Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Hello all.  I'm new to the Airbnb and not ready to "Instant Book" just yet.  Is there any other way to screen profiles of potential clients?  I'm already receiving inquiries, however I'm unable to see their profiles.  Am I missing something?

@Myra22, you should be able to see the prospective guest's profiles whether you have Instant Book on or not.

The only thing you don't see prior to confirming a booking is their photo and their direct contact information.

How are you trying to see their profile? Are you doing this on a computer or smart phone?

Generally I click on their picture (or not-picture) and it eventually goes to their profile. Or try "Details" or something like that. You should be able to see their profile and read their prior reviews from other hosts.

(Even without Instant Book).

Myra22
Level 2
Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Thank you and sorry for the delayed response.  Still trying to get the hang of it all 🙂  The guest I was inquiring about had no reviews so nothing was showing up.  Thanks again!

I also have been unable to view profiles recently. Does our feedback get to Airbnb? It's very difficult to communicate with them. At present their page won't open. I feel I am accepting guests 'blind'.

Githa0
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Airbnb's new policy change means that hosts can only view a guests profile image once a booking has been confirmed, and NOT before! 

Núria23
Level 1
Girona, Spain

I totally agree with the posts here. For me it's been more and more difficult to know who wants to come to my house. It's my home, I live on my own and, of course, beforehand I need to see a picture, some personal info and, since we cannot see the passport or ID, at least a social media profile (which is censored when writing).  I've lost quite a few bookings because of these issues.

Sophie1013
Level 2
Canterbury, New Zealand

I think I got my instant booking option flagged and turned off (another apparently common problem with Airbnb) because I declined a couple people recently, but they had no reviews yet and had no profile information other than the govt ID and verified...to me if someone is new and they don't even bother describing themselves in their profile, how much effort are they putting into reading my listing carefully and being a good guest? But can you definitely see what people have written in their profile, yes? I find a lot of people don't bother which is a bit annoying, seems like Airbnb is becoming less and less host friendly and more just centered on churning in guests.

need first and last names in profile so you can check guests

Tania485
Level 1
Brussels, Belgium

I also think as a single female that it's unfair that you cannot see a person's profile or know more about them. Once they've booked it's too late and it makes me feel unsafe and vulnerable. Airbnb should do something about this!