How do I see Guest Profile?

Lisa116
Level 1
Austin, TX

How do I see Guest Profile?

I have a guest interested in my home.  How do I see their profile? All I can see is their profile photo & the city they are from.  I have requested that they verify their ID before renting - is that a stumblng block for potential guests?

33 Replies 33
Greg14
Level 2
Manchester, NH

You can see a guest's profile by clicking on their photo on the request page. It sounds like you're dealing with a new guest who hasn't completed their profile. When I get requests from newbies with incomplete profiles, I just make sure to mention that I would love to get their reservation confirmed ASAP, but I need them to first finish filling out their profile (and the most important part besides a photo is an offline ID verification). I explain that most hosts, myself included, want to make sure they know who they are renting to, and the profile goes a long way in that sense.

I haven't encountered anyone where it's a stumbling block - they usually take care of it rather quickly. For some people who seem to not completely understand, I share this article with them: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/450/what-is-verified-id

For my last few  requests, I have been unable to view profile of the requester.  I know they have reviews, as that shows with their name.   But clicking their photo takes me nowhere.  

Hi Ellie, I'm having the same problem. Were you able to figure it out? 

Thanks!

Lin29
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

yes  i am having the same problem, i am a woman alone and i need to know more about guests but can't find a request page.

I'm in the same boat Lin, it's alarming. 

Githa0
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Airbnb policy change means that guest profile images are only visible once a booking has been confirmed, and NOT before.. As a lone female, I don't feel comfortable with this, I feel vulnerable.

@Githa0 I'm in the same situation, I want to see photos.

Githa0
Level 2

I phoned Airbnb about this, explaining that I felt unsafe with this policy change. I'm a single female host and need to know who will be staying in my home before I accept a reservation. Airbnb listened but took no action....This is both unsafe and frustrating! 

Githa0
Level 2

The more feedback Airbnb receive about this, the more likely they will be to make amendments. I think direct contact is required.

Same here. I am getting so fed up with no info on people who are sleeping in my home. So far I have not had any real problems. I have instant book on and still no info on these people. after they book I send a text asking wht they are coming to my location and they NEVER ANSWER!

I think I am going to turn off instant book so I have a bit of control over the strangers sleeping in my home.

Also AIRBNB Allowed a guest who was too drunk to make it to my place to post a review!

I protested and said how is this an honest review when the guy never set foor in my place? (I told the case manager he was not going to be admitted because he had broken my house rules.)  But he wrote a review and rated me with stars and was never here. I dont get all that talk about truth and transparency.Song

Ellen4
Level 1
Portland, OR

I have a guest that booked to stay with me and their profile photo is a picture of a message, a clever message, but not a photo of them.

Can I request a profile photo of them?

Thanks, Ellen

Yes, you can. But also I usually just politely decline when the profile is more hard work than absolutely necessary then I imagine the guest will be as well. It may not be fair but its the reality of trying to understand someone from a profile and if they're not entirely considerate online will they be offline?

Jill34
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

How can I see more than just a photo and a first name for someone requesting to stay? They have verified Id's, etc. but no reviews and they are new to Air BnB. I want to look at social media sites to get a better sense of the person. More info is needed to speed up this process.

Caroline155
Level 2
Tavistock, United Kingdom

Has anyone figured this out because the last 3 guests that have booked I have been unable to view the profile when I have been able to previously?