How do I tell people where to look on airbnb for my place to stay

Answered!
Mary-and-Brian0
Level 2
Inniskeen, Ireland

How do I tell people where to look on airbnb for my place to stay

I am new to Airbnb and people have been looking for my apartment on line. How do I advertise my place to those who want a business card for my Airbnb address. I am not sure how to get it myself!

Mary

1 Best Answer

@Mary-and-Brian0 

It's "copyable" from the address bar, when on your actual listing page.

Maybe what's happening is that you're typing the address into google search. It's an actual web address, so should be entered into the address bar of your browser, not the google search bar.

What happens if you just click the link, rather than typing it?

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Here you go @Mary-and-Brian0 

www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/36959812

By the way your weekly and monthly discounts are far too high. I offer a 5% discount for a week and 10% for a month.

You may want to discount a little more but you are practically giving your place away 🙂

Best Helen 

Hi Helen

Thanks for the advice.  I was going by the airbnb suggestiions re the discounts. I do feel they are a lot ok but I dont have any clients yet. I may look at it again. What do I do to get people to find my place and get it known.? Did you suggest I should say give the on linen address as Airbnb@Mary  Brian1 ?

Regards  

Mary

How do guests get their place to come up on a google search can anyone tell me please? I don't even know how to search directly for my own  place .

Mary

@Helen3 

Helen

Thanks for your advice. I have reviewed my discounts. I used that airbnb address you gave me but it did not get through to my listing . Is  www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/36959812 the one you meant me to give to people to get to my site? 

Regards

Mary

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Mary-and-Brian0 Your listing is absolutely gorgeous, and I am wishing I was staying there right now!

The link that @Helen3  has given you (the one starting with: www.airbnb) is a direct link to your listing. If you direct people to search for Inniskeen on the Airbnb website, your listing will be one that is shown.

A hint for using these forums - if you want to reply to someone specifically, use the @ symbol, and a list of names will appear from which to choose. Doing so will notify that person that you've replied (as I've done above with your name, and with Helen's). Otherwise, whoever you wish to address will not see your reply.

I also agree with Helen about your discount amounts. I would seriously change them before someone books at those rates. Airbnb's pricing tips are notoriously low.

All the best with your hosting!

@Jennifer1421 

Thanks Jennifer, now I know how to get to talk to people. I tried the address www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/36959812

but it does not get my listing. Is that the one she meant?

Mary

That's really odd, @Mary-and-Brian0 , as clicking the link takes me directly to your listing on airbnb. What happens when you click it?

@Jennifer1421 

Jennifer,
When I enter that address into google search, It just goes to a general google number of sites to choose from not directly to mine. Maybe it is because it is me that's using it it won't work.  How did you get that link from anyway?
Mary

@Mary-and-Brian0 

It's "copyable" from the address bar, when on your actual listing page.

Maybe what's happening is that you're typing the address into google search. It's an actual web address, so should be entered into the address bar of your browser, not the google search bar.

What happens if you just click the link, rather than typing it?

Hi again @Jennifer1421 

When I clicked on the one in your message it did go straight to my listing but when I tried it in Google search it didn't so I will try again and copy it myself rom the address bar and see what happens . thanks, I will let you know.

@Jennifer1421 

That is exactly what I was doing.I typed it into my address bar and whoopie there it was.  So  this is the web address then that I give to people who are wanting a business card or information on where to get us.www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/36959812

Thank you for this you have been so helpful.

I did not know this. Would it not be helpful if the Air bnb people were to let people know this information about their web address. It is difficult when you are not too handy with the computer stuff.!

Happy to help @Mary-and-Brian0 ! That's what the community centre is all about. Keep reading, and posting queries - other hosts are a wealth of information. I've learned so much here from other hosts, and feel quite blessed to have a forum like this for support, help and the occasional vent 🙂

All the best, and happy hosting,

Jen

Leo192
Level 8
Spartanburg, SC

@Mary-and-Brian0  - Congrats!  Your place is lovely!

@Leo192 

Thank you Leo for your very kind remarks

Regards

Mary