How do i fill in onesy, twosey days available in my rentals without lifting the three day min rental

Answered!
John857
Level 1
Portsmouth, NH

How do i fill in onesy, twosey days available in my rentals without lifting the three day min rental

I have set a three day minimum rental, which has created single and double days that are available for my rentals, if i lift three day rental period in order to fill these days, then people will rent single days where i dont want them! we are a beachfrobt location and our season is short! HELP!   john

1 Best Answer
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

@John857, Thats a tough one since most vacationers have probably already planned their summer vacations and a 1 day stay isn't going to get anyone who has to drive any distance. Maybe offer an extra day before or after for a discounted price to your existing reservations? But before you go and do that, research here on the boards exactly how to add a day and a discount. The last thing you want to do is upset a guest before they even get there.

Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

@John857, Thats a tough one since most vacationers have probably already planned their summer vacations and a 1 day stay isn't going to get anyone who has to drive any distance. Maybe offer an extra day before or after for a discounted price to your existing reservations? But before you go and do that, research here on the boards exactly how to add a day and a discount. The last thing you want to do is upset a guest before they even get there.

Good luck!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@John857  Here's a thought.  Set your minimum to one day and then add the 3 day rule for specific time period.  I have a general 2 day minimum and for several high interest events, I change to a 3 day minimum.  You make these changes under the Availability, Trip length, additional requirements.  Maybe you can make it work using these options.

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

When I want to fill in solo days, I change the minimum nights to one. At least I used to. If I am pretty well booked, these day I love the single days off that are scattered through the month. Good luck @John857!

Gin3
Level 2
Denver, CO

We have the same question- we dont that people generally will extend their stay- even for discount, they are just planned out. We do find that people love to book our place last minute, so that if we could open up the two day “left over day”  slots we could fill them, but when we do that, other people book two days elsewhere where we would otherwise get three days easily. Linda, your solution is a great work around that we have used, but its hard to keep track of and easy to mess up, especially when the abnb website malfunctions and does not record changes correctly- we always have to go in and check that out edits “took”. So all that said, it seems airbnb should provide the simple option of a timeframe option  for day minimums. 

Gin3
Level 2
Denver, CO

Does anyone know how other platforms handle offering variability in length of stay? Home away or vrbo? 

@Gin3  It's simple just go to the dates you want to change the minimum stay on if it's more than 1 day click on it and hold the shift key then click on the end date you want. On the right hand side you just adjust the minumum stay length. Don't forget to save it.