How do i know if the rent place is real or not???

Answered!

How do i know if the rent place is real or not???

I have not done the booking yet, but am thinking how do I know that the place is ginuine or not???

1 Best Answer
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Kelvin59, the answer is likely in the reviews. But you could say the same thing about a guest.... why not complete your profile. Add a picture; write a short blurb about yourself. Let the host get to know you and you will get to know the host. Chance are when you start that dialogue you will be able to tell if the place/host is genuine. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Kelvin59 read the reviews, look for a Superhost, most are genuine . 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Kelvin59, the answer is likely in the reviews. But you could say the same thing about a guest.... why not complete your profile. Add a picture; write a short blurb about yourself. Let the host get to know you and you will get to know the host. Chance are when you start that dialogue you will be able to tell if the place/host is genuine. 

Thanks for sharing,  at least now am comfortable. I was curious to know,  used to hear from people never searched by myself.  Hoping to use it in future

Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

@Kelvin59  I have to say I am in total agreement with @Emilia42 Your profile has no information about you other than your name. We cannot see your profile picture until after you book, but most of us require it before giving entry information so we can be sure of who is entering our homes. If, for example, you sent me a Request to Book, I would message you back - "Because you have no profile information, no reviews and I cannot see your profile picture yet, could you please tell me a bit about yourself and what brings you to the area? Please make sure you have read the description comepletely, understand and agree to teh House Rules as well. Thanks so much" If you answered within the required time allotment, most likely I would approve your request. It may seem like some hosts, like me, ask a great deal, but these are our homes we are letting strangers stay in, in many cases, like mine, unsupervised other than an exterior camera or two. In my case my home is my husband's childhood home so we are protective of the property. Just trying to give you the host viewpoint