How do you make a no charge reservation for friends or family?

Tammi50
Level 4
Mammoth Lakes, CA

How do you make a no charge reservation for friends or family?

Hello - I’m a super host with a cabin near a ski resort. I often let friends and family use my cabin and they only pay the cleaning fee. I would like to add their stay to my Airbnb calendar so they get the emails and can use the Airbnb app to check in. So essentially it would be a regular reservation for only the $150 cleaning fee and it would show up on my calendar and reservation list  How can I do that on Airbnb? Right now, I just block the dates off and have to email them everything separately. Thanks for your help! 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want them to book through Airbnb you can just send them a special offer, then they will get the information through Airbnb,  but then they will be liable for the Airbnb fee @Tammi50 

Far easier to just block off the calendar dates, noting who is staying and then just email them with the joining instructions. 

@Tammi50 Last time I checked the lowest amount one could send as a special offer is $10 per night. So if the guest is looking for a week, the reservation total would be $70 + cleaning fee + taxes + Airbnb service fee. If okay with you go for it but your friends and family aren't really getting a "free" stay like they are used to.

cc: @Helen3 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Tammi50 regrettably Airbnb is not enthusiastic about providing its services for free. Go figure.