How does a guest find my guidebook

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

How does a guest find my guidebook

Dear hosts,I have a confirmed guest who wants to look at my guidebook. She says she cannot find it in my listing. How can I direct her or send a link to my guidebook? Thank you in advance 😉

42 Replies 42
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@MicheleandLouw0, the guidebook appears on your map. Tell you guest to go to the map on your listing page and click the icons/flags. Your comments about each place will pop up.

Because I would rather it be a list or "book" for them myself, and right now it does not appear that way (unless someone else knows something!), I print mine out, too, for the hardcopy binder in the room. But going even further, because I'm not a fan of the way it prints via the program, I put it all in a doc and moved the cells to look like the nice brochure I wanted it to be before I printed. 

A bit of work, but I'm happier with the result.

Guidebook doesn't appear on my map or anywhere in my listing as far as I can see. But I have found a link to it which I'll send to guests. Hmmmm.

Where did you find a link to your guidebook?  I could not find a link anywhere and nothing is appearing on the map on my listing.

Thank you!

Same problem. HELP says to go to Manage Listings, Calendar and hover mouse over left side of page. My CALENDAR is on the left side of page.  Tried it; nothing.  This has been quite frustrating since they made all the changes to their site.  

The link looks something like this (replace ### with your listing ID which you can find in the Address/URL bar while you are editing your listing): https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/#####/guidebook

This only gives you the list of your recommendations with bizarre little individual maps for each location, none of which are relative to any others. Airbnb needs to enact a simple SHARABLE LINK to each listing's interactive guidebook map. 

Hi Laura, 

Have you heard of Yuppr? It's an app where you can share all your recommended places (among other things) with your guests and actually share the link with them. Guests don't need to register on Yuppr to view your recommendations. 

It's free and you can create Collections and name them how you want (kinda works like Pinterest). You can also add your personal pictures and comments!

Personal collectionsPersonal collectionsShare with guestsShare with guests

Thanks, Anthony, I never knew that and it worked!  For US hosts, just take out "au," of course.  Here's my link just to prove that I actually have a guidebook that can be found - somehow.  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5353490/guidebook

No longer works 😞

The link to your guidebook won't work for me! 🙂

@Bryon4 @Marino43 @Judy276 @Laura2379 

It has changed!  Here's how you find your guidebook now:

To share it with someone, from your dashboard, click on the upper right corner (your picture) and scroll down to "your guidebook."  Click the gear icon and you'll see sharing options.

Guests looking at your listing can scroll down the page to The Neighborhood.  Right above the map is a link to the guidebook.  After clicking the link you will see sharing options here as well.

I've found you can share the link in the Airbnb messaging system and it won't be removed.  It's a very unpretty link, though, like this:  https://www.airbnb.com/s/guidebooks?refinement_paths[]=/guidebooks/45126&share_channel=copy

Screenshot 2019-07-24 06.40.26.png

Thank you for sharing. This helps!

Thank you, Ann72!  I’m new to Airbnb and have tons to figure out.  Going to get started on my guestbook this weekend.  

I know, this sounds like a great app.  Going to check it out.  Thanks everybody!