How does the number of listings effect super host criteria percentages in determining super host status?

Answered!
Marilyn157
Level 2
Denver, CO

How does the number of listings effect super host criteria percentages in determining super host status?

For instance, if they use the total possible nights across all your listings as a criteria to get percentages in super host calculations, would it be wise to Snooze a listing during renovations instead of blocking the calendar?

Does snoozing a listing take it out of super host percentage critera calculations so it doesn't weigh down your other active listings, or do you have to deactivate it all together?

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anonymous  That makes sense for the overall ratings, the response rating, and the cancellation rating, but I'm curious as far as the number of bookings criteria. If a host had 10 listings, would just 1 booking per year in each of those listings qualify them, or would they need 10 bookings per year in each of the listings?

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

@Marilyn157  the formula is not affected by how many listings you have or whether they were active or snoozed for any length of time . It's only the average of all Overall Rating scores received by your hosting profile over the last 12 calendar months. 100 ratings for 1 listing add up exactly the same as 10 ratings each for 10 listings.

I'm thinking about the minimum target occupancy percentage requirement.  I believe that is based on total number of possible days booked over all active listings.

If a listing is just blocked for a time, but still active, those blocked days/periods drain down the occupancy percentage.  I'm hoping I can avoid that drain by snoozing that listing instead of  blocking or deactivating.  My question is, will Snooze listings be exempt from consideration in calculations occupancy percentage. I think it does , but wanted to ask to be sure.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anonymous  That makes sense for the overall ratings, the response rating, and the cancellation rating, but I'm curious as far as the number of bookings criteria. If a host had 10 listings, would just 1 booking per year in each of those listings qualify them, or would they need 10 bookings per year in each of the listings?

I think it's either. The number of nights can be all in one or a combo of all.  But I think the occupancy percentage is across all active listings. Which is the potential problem I'm trying to manage if I need to block for remodeling.  Thinking best to Snooze, but not sure it will have effect I'm seeking. Do you know if Snooze listings are not counted in occupancy rate calculations? I'm think so, but checking to be sure.

@Marilyn157  I don't know what you are referring to with "occupancy rates". Occupancy rates have nothing to do with Superhost or any other stat.

Thank you! I think that solves my problem. Do you believe it won't make a difference if I just block the days and leave it active for the quarter? I'd prefer that to snoozing or especially deactivating.

Thanks for your help. For some reason I thought  I saw how it would be a drain on meeting my  SH criteria for next quarter. Thanks!