How long does it take for Airbnb to resolve a request?

Answered!
Ron-And-Stacie0
Level 6
Idledale, CO

How long does it take for Airbnb to resolve a request?

I have a pending request for damages from our last guest.  I have waited the 3 days and then involved airbnb.  How long does it take for them to respond?

1 Best Answer

Hey there!  Glad I received this email.  We were able to successfully resolve our issue.  BUT I still finding it frustrating that it take so  long for them to respond.  I finally was able to reach them through these numbers....

Hope this helps!  

May I ask what other service you use?  Might consider switching!

Thanks!

Stacie 

View Best Answer in original post

27 Replies 27

To close the loop on my initial post, my issue has now been resolved but it did take several weeks. 

Air BnB, if you're reading these, might I suggest an auto-confirmation email when you receive an escalation? Part of my concern was with the fact that after I sent the escalation note, I didn't hear anything. Even a generic "we're recieved your request and will follow up with soon as we can" note would've been nice so that I knew our note didn't disappear into the ether. 

What is the other service you have used where this is not a problem?  This is my first year on Airbnb and I had to file a claim against a guest that caused water damage on my property.  It's been weeks and I have not heard a thing.  I also had an issue with a dishwasher being broken by a guest and that too has been a complete waste of time and I've been going around in circles with their customer service center.  I am now looking at other services to list my property on.  The cost for these two incidents will use all profits from the 5 months I've had listings on the site.  Not worth it.

Hey Debbie,

It saddens me that airbnb does not improve this part of their business!  Let them know that you are going to use another site due to their lack of response!  Believe me, I would too if we hadn't been with them so long!  

Try calling these numbers 

I hope this helps!

Stacie 

Hannah137
Level 1
Caloocan, Philippines

its been a month since i involved airbnb on my claim, to this date, NOTHING. this is really a frustrating experience. worse, there is no other way to contact airbnb.

Yes, that is VERY frustrating and VERY unprofessional 😞  

Thank goodness we don't have probelms very often!

Try these numbers...good luck!

Stacie 

Allison125
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

This thread was very helpful to me, especially the two phone numbers that were posted.  Thank you!  I  just filed my issue today and have already spoken to my case manager.  Also, they must have taken the feedback about doing an automated email response b/c I have two in my inbox assigning a claim number to my case and also confirming receipt of my inquiry.  Fingers crossed that this gets resolved soon 🙂

Denis20
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Depends on the situation. I'd say 6-10 days.

Snezana28
Level 1
Wisbech, GB

Hi there, how do I escalate it to airbnb? I've had the first horrid stay in someone's apartment and have requested some refund, but they are not answering. Thanks

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Carla1218
Level 1
Duluth, MN

So, we rented a house based upon the pics and reviews. We got there late Friday, then up and at em for an active day. Showered in Bath #1, slow drain - no biggie. Super stinky like someone’s sweaty head flat pillows  Woke up Sunday to a bed bug.  Now THAT’S a biggie!

Then. The shower in bath #2 on Sunday before we left.  Paint chips floating in the slow draining water? We lift the mat already in place . O.M.G!!!  It’s covering up peeling paint!  
So. We contact the host.  We request a partial refund for the filthy accommodations. I told him I did not want to post a review.  Just have some compensation for the filth.

He says he has all 5 star reviews and “will not allow it” actually accusing ME of threatening to post a bad review in exchange for money.  WHAT?!!

That we didn’t call until a couple hours before checkout was his big thing. Well, we just discovered the issues.

Because he was so AWFUL, the property was so horrendous, I felt I had no choice but to then leave a review.  Because he had a chance to see it first, he was able to post a retaliatory review about me.  Wtf. 

we had an exceptional stay at another Airbnb, so I guess we will continue to use it.  But the bad review for me may prevent that, despite having to post a defending response to his review.

I suspect he manipulates the review system for his property.

I have escalated to the resolution center w plenty of pics, but after reading everyone’s input on their system, I’m not so sure of the outcome anymore. 😞

34A3244B-9C73-4A0A-AB6B-ABD09E8A4105.png7432A792-6FF0-4F07-821B-7C3CF6EA0816.jpeg

Robin114
Level 3
Lewisburg, WV

Airbnb has made a mistake on my account 

A guest checked in, was unhappy with the place after being there for two hours. She left the place and complained to me 

I reimbursed her so she would end up even and I would too after payout ( since she had checked in.

All well and good, but then she cancelled.

I am out over 200 and obviously she is ahead for that amount 

Airbnb has been " working on it" for a week now.

How long before I try to move it to a higher up person??

Ashley1437
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

It’s going on 90 days and my claim hasn’t been responded to although pics receipts etc have been uploaded 

Eli21952
Level 1
Älmhult Municipality, Sweden

really slow to resolve a situation where guest broke a bunch of stuff, drank our alcohol used my wife’s cosmetics and emptied her perfumes. they also smoked in the house, and screwed on our couch, leaving lube and sex residue. nice! despite having provided pix and screen shots of text messages with guest who admitted to doing some of these, before they eventually blocked me, it’s over a month now. 

im highly unimpressed, and would no longer recommend that anyone host on airbnb based on this experience.