How long does it take for Airbnb to resolve a request?

Answered!
Ron-And-Stacie0
Level 6
Idledale, CO

How long does it take for Airbnb to resolve a request?

I have a pending request for damages from our last guest.  I have waited the 3 days and then involved airbnb.  How long does it take for them to respond?

1 Best Answer

Hey there!  Glad I received this email.  We were able to successfully resolve our issue.  BUT I still finding it frustrating that it take so  long for them to respond.  I finally was able to reach them through these numbers....

Hope this helps!  

May I ask what other service you use?  Might consider switching!

Thanks!

Stacie 

View Best Answer in original post

27 Replies 27
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

If you enter "security deposit" or "damages" in the search bar on this forum, you'll see what a nightmare it is to get claims remedied.

Hey Wendy 🙂  Please remind me why airbnb takes money from every booking but doesn't follow through on their end?!

This may be a game changer for us.  We have been happy using them for a couple of years now and my claim is no big deal...just sick of folks abusing our home and thinking they can get away with it.  I only asked for $60 for an unapproved late check out, excessive use of our linens and beds and some ruined wash cloths.  Not really a crisis but...a hotel would charge them.  Ya know?

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Lets put it this way... I wouldn't hold your breath (sadly).

Hi there.  Thanks for responding!  Two questions...1) What's up with the lack of repsonse on behalf of airbnb?  I made a claim years ago and there was no problem.  The last claim I made took weeks and was very frustrating.  Why would people be respectful if they know airbnb has poor follow thru?  Ya know?  

2) I see that you are a "level 10".  What exactly does that mean and how do you achieve this?

Thanks!

1. The supposition is that it is costing AirBnb a lot of money honouring the guarantee and they are looking for any way to cut down the cost.

2. Basically how many times you posted, does not take much to get to 10, and then you stop.

David

@David126, how does a security deposit being requested cost ABB money?

I assumed this ws a Host Guarantee situation. 

Not that it really matters as the only difference I know of is that the SD has a theoretical hold on a Credit Card, I assume that can be mitigated by cancelling the card. 

David
Carrie-J0
Level 3
Skokie, IL

Oh man, I'm glad I found this thread. I have a simliar question where I escalated a situation to Air Bnb I think 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep. It's a real bummer considering how much I enjoy every other aspect of this service. The host removed the listing so I can't leave a review or anything. Really frustrating! 

Wow.  I escalated an issue last week and am still waiting to hear from Airbnb.  Reading this thread is not encouraging.  This is my first time that I've had to make a claim against a guest on Airbnb.  Making a claim with another service I use is much easier and automated.   As a host, why would you let me set an amount for a security deposit and then make it difficult for me to make claims against it.  Airbnb's model seems to be one of setting themselves up as an arbitrator.  If they are going to put themselves in the middle (their choice and not a standard in the industry), then they need to provide a timely response when issues are filed.  

It's also worth noting that they don't make it easy for you to find the resolution center either.  Maybe that's strategic? 😞

Hey there!  Glad I received this email.  We were able to successfully resolve our issue.  BUT I still finding it frustrating that it take so  long for them to respond.  I finally was able to reach them through these numbers....

Hope this helps!  

May I ask what other service you use?  Might consider switching!

Thanks!

Stacie 

We have two properties.  Our larger is listed on VRBO.  I don't like their fee structure so Airbnb is much better on that front.  But, this issue resolution process leaves a lot to be desired.  How long did it take them to resolve your issue and did they do it to your satisfaction?

The way airbnb works is you need to give the guest 72 hours to resolve the issue themselves.  Sometimes people will own up and sometimes they don't.  Which I really don't get....  After the 72 you escalate it to airbnb.  Of course, this is where the wait really begins. It is important that you always back things with pics if you want to be reimbursed.  

I used the phone numbers that I just gave you and had it resolved within 24 hours after I contacted them.  

I have never had airbnb come back and tell me that they would not resolve an issue when we have requested help!  

Try calling them!  If people keep complaining, they'll eventually get the idea!  

Very good.  Thanks for the advice!

No problem!  Hope it works out for you!