How long does it take for airbnb to resolve a request?

Kieun1
Level 1
Ridgewood, NJ

How long does it take for airbnb to resolve a request?

I visited Washington D.C. and booked an airbnb. The host gave me a different airbnb than what I booked so I complained that the airbnb was different (The entire airbnb layout was different). The host told me they made an error in their system and the airbnb that I booked originally was booked with a residential lease to someone else so they weren't able to give it to me. I asked them to give me a different airbnb, but both airbnbs were in poor conditions. Also, they did not apologize for their mistakes or wrongdoing so I wasn't happy on how they handled my case. I requested a refund and the host refused to give me a refund saying the place was in a perfect condition and they did not give me a wrong airbnb so I involved an airbnb and also provided airbnb support with screenshots of the conversation of them admitting they made an error, bait&switch incident, and poor conditions of both airbnb. 

Nov. 17 is the last time I had a conversation with airbnb support and they been silent ever since so I would like to ask how long does it take for airbnb to resolve an issue.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kieun1  It can take a long time. It varies. You can and should pester them a bit so they don't put your case aside.

But you don't say whether you actually stayed at this place and then filed a complaint afterwards, or left without staying.

If you stayed for the length of your booking, you won't get a refund. If a place is unacceptable, you contact Airbnb to explain why and to cancel and find another place.

You can't just stay at a place and then demand a refund after the fact. All you can do is write a review warning other guests about the listing.