How long should I wait for a guest to pay for a damaged item, before having to involve Airbnb?

Lisa563
Level 2
Baja California Sur, Mexico

How long should I wait for a guest to pay for a damaged item, before having to involve Airbnb?

Hi, a couple who recently stayed at my place broke my coffee maker, when I went into my home on the day of their heck-out they immediately pointed out the broken coffee maker.  They asked if they could pay for it through Airbnb, and, of course, I agreed, for, that was what I wanted anyway.  So, I let them know I would send them a receipt, for the item, once purchased.  I went and bought the EXACT same brand, and sent them the receipt, it was very resonable.  And, it is though they vanished from the face of the earth.  I have waited for a response for three business days, how long do you think I should wait for a response before involving Airbnb?  After sending the receipt and request, I followed up with an email asking them to confirm they received the receipt, response....NADA!

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Lisa563 ,

Procedures for claiming damages are very clear, you can find them here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

Hope this helps,Emiel