How long should a person stay in the house if they book for two nights?

How long should a person stay in the house if they book for two nights?

4 Replies 4
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Helen37  They will stay.................. 2 nights in your home.

I am completely baffled by your question as you have offered no other information but it seems to me if you are the host, they would arrive at your desired check in time as posted on your listing, and they would sleep 2 nights, and then leave at your posted check out time the morning they wake up after sleeping the 2nd night.  Your post is missing details to understand what you are concerned about. 

Example: If I have a guest checking into my home even at 10:00pm., that's considered their FIRST night.  Hope this helps

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Sorry for not giving enough information. If someone books a room for two nights during the week, is it so that they can spend all the time at the house? I had assumed that they would have things to do during the day so I didn't have to be there all the time.

@Helen37 You can't control when guests will come and go, and ideally, there's no reason for you to be there all the time. Our guests can come and go anytime they want, and we're not tied to their schedule. If we can't be there when they arrive, we just give them the door code.

If for some reason you want guests to leave during certain hours, you need to make this very clear up front, since it's not typical at all for a room rental, and something that's likely to cause confusion and/or poor reviews if the guests don't know the situation they're getting into.

@Ed-and-Hugh0 are absolutely right, @Helen. I work freelance from home, which means I'm around most of the day (and evenings as well). I made it very clear in my Space description and House Rules that the sort of guest my accommodation is ideal for is someone needing a safe, quiet home-away-from-home on a short-term basis (i.e. 2-7 nights only), and who would likely be out of the house during the day. Of course, anything can happen - for instance, a guest could fall ill, have a bad headache, or whatever, and not feel up to going out - but at least they know the scenario when they book.

I give keys to my guests, and they can come and go at will. If they intend to arrive home late at night, I simply ask that they do so quietly..