How much does a co host get paid?

Answered!
Chad-and-Noel0
Level 2
New York, NY

How much does a co host get paid?

Hi,

My husband and i have a listing but we are going to be very bussy in the future months and we were thinking in getting someone to co host our place while we are busy or out of town?

Our question is;

How much does a co host gets paid? 

Thanks in advance !

1 Best Answer
Susan466
Level 5
New Jersey, United States

That's up to you and your co-host to decide, and depends upon how much work they are doing for you.  Rates seem to vary from 7% - 50%.
Questions to discuss:
Are they handling all the bookings, replies, emails, etc for you?
Are they handling the cleaning?  What about simple maintenance?

Are they on-call for the guests?

You can pay your co-host a straight percentage and keep the cleaning fee (if you charge one), or give them the clening fee and a (usually lower) percentage of the booking fee.

We pay our co-host a straight 40% (his preference) and we keep the cleaning fee to offset that cost.  He handles all the cleaning, bookings, emails, phone calls, everything except paying the taxes, etc., which we obviously have to take care of. 

Hope that helps.

View Best Answer in original post

124 Replies 124

Little late - but I do! **

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

we have a home in Omaha Nebraska that did very well on airbnb. the property was hosted by a company in florida but they only do high end properties now. ours is in the $250 range and always got 5 star ratings. we are looking for a reliable company to host. we can help provide cleaning crew to manage locally in Omaha. Please advise if your company will be interested. I can be reached via email ** or cellphone **. Thanks. Mike **

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

@Mike2009 Hi Mike! We would love to assist you with co-hosting -- we have a couple properties we manage in Lincoln NE (a handful in southern California as well) and specifically only manage Airbnbs as co-hosts. Feel free to shoot us an email at hello@jhkingmanagement.com 🙂 Take care! -Huyen

Winnie K.

Hi Noel,

I have a listing in NYC and I am looking for a part-time co-host. Please reach out if interested

Jente0
Level 2
South Yarra, Australia

Hi Ian, 

If you are still looking for a co-host I would be interested to assist. I’ve only started co-hosting earlier this year but have been a host myself in the past and was able to maintain a super host profile the entire period. I’m based in Melbourne, Australia.
Looking forward to hearing from you, Jente 

how to pay my co-host?

My co-host is on call for guests and works with me to navigate using Airbnb. We are kind of learning together.

The cohost does not yet respond to guest, nor cleans, or nor does any maintenance.

He helps me vet and find maintenance/cleaning  services as needed.

I want him to weigh in on what is reasonable because he is really great.

Another thing not much profit at this point. Just enough to cover the primary expenses with a bit left over maintenance and cleaning.

What do you think?

Susan, I am just doing some research here and looking into becoming a co host so just to clarify. When you say typical rate is between 7-50 percent is that of each booking TOTAL? For example if one client books for three weeks at 900 and another client books for 3 months at 3000 are you paying 7 percent of total cost for each individual client? 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

HI @Chad-and-Noel0,

@Susan466 has given you some useful advice on your question - as she said, it's up to the host and co-host to decide on the percentage they receive.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it!

Kirstie

Hi Kirstie:

I would actually like to be a host in the NYC area. Where do I apply or who should I contact with this idea ?

Thanks in advance .

Dear Kirstie,

If I post on this spot, will people in Washington State USA see this.

I'm quite new to this still.

I need a co-host on the Olympic Peninsula.

Sequim and Port Angeles are the towns I'm in.

Thank you.

Margi Normandin 

@Margi2 Hi Margi! We would love to assist you with co-hosting -- we have a couple properties we manage in Nebraska and a handful in southern California as we specifically only manage Airbnbs as co-hosts. Feel free to shoot us an email at hello@jhkingmanagement.com 🙂 Take care! -Huyen

Winnie K.

@Huyen36

I'm located in Sequim Washington State...

Be well!

Margi

Hi Kirstie,

Where can I find more information about the co-host structure (AirBnb's "regs")?

Santa Monica has a new stipulation that a host must live on the property at all times,

so co-hosting may not be possible in this City. But a friend who lives nearby in another

town has asked me to co-host. I want to explore the issue a bit more with other co-hosts.

Where is the best discussion group for that?

Thanks,

Ellen

I'm confused by the co-hosting arrangement. I want to pay my co-host for the bookings that I can't cover, but not for every booking I receive since I will cover most of them. Is there a way to designate that in the calendar? Or is it all or nothing?