How much does a co host get paid?

Answered!
Chad-and-Noel0
Level 2
New York, NY

How much does a co host get paid?

Hi,

My husband and i have a listing but we are going to be very bussy in the future months and we were thinking in getting someone to co host our place while we are busy or out of town?

Our question is;

How much does a co host gets paid? 

Thanks in advance !

1 Best Answer
Susan466
Level 5
New Jersey, United States

That's up to you and your co-host to decide, and depends upon how much work they are doing for you.  Rates seem to vary from 7% - 50%.
Questions to discuss:
Are they handling all the bookings, replies, emails, etc for you?
Are they handling the cleaning?  What about simple maintenance?

Are they on-call for the guests?

You can pay your co-host a straight percentage and keep the cleaning fee (if you charge one), or give them the clening fee and a (usually lower) percentage of the booking fee.

We pay our co-host a straight 40% (his preference) and we keep the cleaning fee to offset that cost.  He handles all the cleaning, bookings, emails, phone calls, everything except paying the taxes, etc., which we obviously have to take care of. 

Hope that helps.

View Best Answer in original post

124 Replies 124
DestinyStays0
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Hello Chad and Noel, that is all up to you guys on what you would like and expect from the cohost managing your property. From my experience in arbitrage and my experience I've seen any where  from 10%- 40%. Would love to connect with you sometime and show how i could add value to your business. 

Susan466
Level 5
New Jersey, United States

That's up to you and your co-host to decide, and depends upon how much work they are doing for you.  Rates seem to vary from 7% - 50%.
Questions to discuss:
Are they handling all the bookings, replies, emails, etc for you?
Are they handling the cleaning?  What about simple maintenance?

You can pay your co-host a straight percentage and keep the cleaning fee (if you charge one), or give them the clening fee and a (usually lower) percentage of the booking fee.

We pay our co-host a straight 40% (his preference) and we keep the cleaning fee to offset that cost.  He handles all the cleaning, bookings, emails, phone calls, everything except paying the taxes, etc., which we obviously have to take care of. 

Hope that helps.

Thank you Susan! 

I'm actually very interested in becoming a co-host and do it as a part time job.

Thanks for your tips.

Noel

Hi Noel,

I cannot find the information about becoming a co-host.  Did you find out anything?  I don't see any responses to this question from any of the folks on the message board.  I am interested in being a co-host in the Asheville, NC area.  Thanks a bunch.

Lin

Hi Lin,

I have a property in Arden, NC that I rent on a long term basis.  I have a vacation rental where I reside in Rochester, NY.  I am always looking for help with general maintenance on the property in Asheville!  We should talk.  My property is True North Lakeside Retreat in Rochester, NY.  If you are interested, get in touch with me there so I don't need to post my email/phone here! Laura

Hi Laura, I hope this finds you well. I live in Arden, NC and I'm at native to the Asheville area. I own a small business called CoHost. We manage Airbnb's in the area. We take care of cleanings, lawn maintenance, and we offer concierge services for guests. We enjoy what we do and we make it priority that guests are welcomed and have the best experience possible when visiting this beautiful city. We would love to help manage your property! 

What is your fee schedule? 

Do you have any idea what a typical ROI is on a rental property?

I am trying to determine what an appropriate co-hosting payment should be. I plan to discuss it with my co-host as well.

I have heard of rates varying from 7% - 50% as you have noted here. Some as high as 75%

I think the following question you listed are important questions to discuss:
Is the co-host handling all the bookings, replies, emails, etc for you?
Is the co-host handling the cleaning? 

Is the co-host handling simple maintenance?

I handle all the cleaning (I pay a cleaning company), bookings, and emails.

My co-host is on call for guests questions when I am not available. My co-host host does not do cleaning, maintenance bookings or initial replies. However, we do discuss hosting requests and he helps guide me on what to lookout for and adhering to Airbnb guidelines.

I thought 10% would be reasonable under the circumstances as there is very little profit. Enough to cover cleanings, maintenance, and supplies. I handle most of the maintenance myself as It relates to small repairs or installations around the home. I pay contractors to repair or install what I am not equipped to handle. 

What do you think? 

I thought 10% might be reasonable.

Kenza51
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Sonja349 ,

Would you be interested to co host my property in Marrakech?

Happy to provide you with more details 

Regards,

Kenza

Hi Kasey,

My sister in law has six new units in downtown Ashville i think she is looking for someone to help her, she also owns the property in San Miguel de Allende Mexico that I manage,  can you send me your information to:

thank you!

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

@Kasey10  Hi, I have some questions about rates, I also manage condos and homes in Sarasota. I am exhausted and feel I am not being paid enough for what I do. Can you please call me at 941.356.2262 at your convenience. Thanks so much. 

Do you know anyone that co-host in Charlotte NC?

I travel to Charlotte frequently and would love to chat about what you need help with and what I can do for you.  Thanks! 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi @Kilahs0  - 

I am a cohost in the Charlotte area and currently manage 3 properties.  I have over 100 reviews with a 4.94 star rating.  Would love to talk!

Hi there!  May I ask what you charge and what all you do for the  management portion?