How much interaction does a guest want with a co-host who lives on-site?

Answered!
Richard2524
Level 2
Manassas, VA

How much interaction does a guest want with a co-host who lives on-site?

Just starting.  Big house with 4 "suites" and shared ground floor (kitchen, family room, patio, etc.)

I will be on-site in the basement.  I will also need to clean up a bit every day on the ground floor.

How much do the guests want to see or interact with me (outside emergencies or requests)?  Should I be out of sight or simply "around?" 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Richard2524 we live next door to our apartments. We explain to guests that if there are any issues or they need help in any way just knock on our door otherwise we will leave them to it. As we are usually here we always say hello to our guests in passing but we neither hide nor bump into them on purpose.

Hope this helps

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

I think it all depends on how much you want to and how you position it in your listing. I live 6 miles away from mine and frequently will never meet the guests face to face, but I'll always message them before during and after to check how they are.

Some interact and chat, some don't.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Richard2524 we live next door to our apartments. We explain to guests that if there are any issues or they need help in any way just knock on our door otherwise we will leave them to it. As we are usually here we always say hello to our guests in passing but we neither hide nor bump into them on purpose.

Hope this helps

"We always say hello to our guests in passing but we neither hide nor bump into them on purpose."

This has totally arranged my head on the matter.  Thanks!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are offering separate rooms in a shared house setting you need daily cleaning of communal areas.

i would suggest you have an agreed time you will do this and include in your house rules and guest book . And post in communal areas.

other than that say guests can contact you between xxx and xxx during the day or outside of these times for emergencies