How should I deal with these unjustified ratings?

How should I deal with these unjustified ratings?

Hello folks,

Hope you've been well!

One of my recent guests left me the following stars with comments:

Check-in: 4/5 - Prompt communication by the host...direction provided was perfect

(Me: Yet not a 5 star)

Communication: 4/5 - All details were promptly provided

(Me: Yet not a 5 star)

Location: 1/5 - Zero view..all one can view is the posterior of the neighbouring building

(Me: We never mentioned that our place has any view, our listing clearly mentions that our home is location in a bungalow society, how is it my fault that they chose a place in a bungalow society?)

Value: 2/5 - For Rs.5000 plus for a night one expects a better place and service

(Me: Our nightly rate is Rs.4000 for upto 5 adults, Rs.1000 is Airbnb Fees+taxes; moreover, he chose a place for meant for 5 adults for 2 adults and a child)

Accuracy: 4/5 - no comments

(Me: Guest didn't share any feedback for this point)

I am tired of dealing with Airbnb about such hosts, I know they very rarely help hosts when it comes to reviews.

Do you think there is anything I should do I this point or just let it go?

Thank you! Have a lovely day 🙂

Jeet

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 1.12.55 AM.png

4 Replies 4
Marcy29
Level 2
Greeley, CO

Take it with a "grain of salt". We don't need to be perfect, and airbnb won't drop your superhost status over one review. However, if you start seeing the same type of comment, you will want to start paying attention.

@Marcy29 

A host can definitely loose their superhost status over one review. 

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Jeet0  How about the all important Overall? Reading between the stars, I think that this person felt strongly that he hadn't gotten value for money based on his unsubstantiated expectations, not your listing narrative, and that is reflected in the rest of the stars.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jeet0, what was the overall rating... that is what truely matters.