How so I post my timeshare on airbnb?

Kevon4
Level 1
New York, United States

How so I post my timeshare on airbnb?

Good morning everyone. I am currently trying to become an airbnb host. I have been doing some research, but I am still not sure what to do.
I have a timeshare and I would like to put in on the website. It is an international timeshare with many options. What steps to I need to take to successfully make my dream a reality?

3 Replies 3

@Kevon4   The first step would be a careful read of your timeshare resort's bylaws to make sure short-term rentals are permitted. You also need to stay fully up to date on the local regulations that apply - some cities require a special registration, collect a hotel tax, or restrict the allowable lengths of stay.

If you're hosting remotely, you might want to arrange a locally-based co-host to be responsible for cleaning and maintenance, and on call for emergencies. You can learn a lot from this forum about some of the issues that come up a lot (parties, damage, smoking, etc) and experienced hosts can give you a reality check about the pros and cons of Airbnb rentals. Don't believe the hype - Airbnb is great for delivering bookings but you can't expect much in the way of service or support. They don't collect deposits or vet their guests, and the "host guarantee" is no substitute for comprehensive STR insurance.

When building your listing, study some established listings for inspiration. Some professional photos would be a good investment, and thorough descriptions and rules are just as important. Be 100% sure your calendar is up to date. And while you'll get lots of automated "tips" pushing you to use Instant Book, Smart Pricing, and long stay discounts, I don't recommend any of those features to new hosts. 

Kevon4
Level 1
New York, United States

Thank you Andrew. This is very helpful.

thanks