How to Advertise Occupancy for 3 Guests

Sandy27
Level 2
Carrollton, VA

How to Advertise Occupancy for 3 Guests

I have two bedrooms and one bathroom upstairs which will accomodate three people.  I have tried every way I can think of to advertise that I can accomodate three.  However, when I test this by searching for a place which will accomodate three, my listing never comes up!  We live in our home, so I can not advertise "whole home/apartment".   What can I do to not miss out on parties of three looking for two bedrooms and a bath?

3 Replies 3
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

You could advertise each room separately.

I really do not want to rent rooms to separate parties.  I just want to let it be known that three people can stay (2 parents, one kid; three adults attending a conference, etc.)  I wish airbnb could adjust the software to accomodate this.

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Sandy27, I have the same situation - 2 rooms + bathroom. 

Though I've decided in the meantime simply to rent out one room, my only option was (as @Marit-Anne0 suggests) to list the rooms separately. You could copy/paste one room's link into the other room's listing, and emphasise in your description - also in the listing's heading under the main photo -that both rooms are available/intended for a party of three. 

Emphasising that the accommodation is geared towards three-person parties might help prevent situations where two people book, but decide to split the sleeping arrangements, leaving you with two lots of bedding to launder. Though in case of a two-party booking, you could leave the unbooked single room closed (or locked if it has a key) and the bed unmade (with only a coverlet on it for appearances). 

(I don't recall offhand whether the accommodation options include 'suite', but this might be a way to go as well.)