How to Contact a Booked Guest

Peter0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

How to Contact a Booked Guest

We had a host meetup in London on Monday 18th January and discussed a number of suggestions for opening messages to go to new guests and I put together a compilation of the best of the contributions.  It is not perfect but the message below is an example (for tailoring) you could cut and paste if you like to send a message to guests separate from the automatic stuff which Airbnb generates.

Sample Note to welcome a new guest – please tailor to your own listing

Thank you very much for your booking to stay at [xxxxxxxxxxxxx].  This note is sent to offer you some help on arrival and things to do when you are visiting should this be of any help.  If you haven't already done so, please tell me a little about the reason for your visit.  [I also attach my house notes.  You do not need to read them now and a copy is left in your room but they are here in case you want to look at them.  ]

Contact Details

You can contact me using the following

Email xxxxxxxxxxxx

Cellphone xxxxxxxxxxx (send a text if you are just giving me information)

I am happy with using WhatsApp (you use the cellphone number) or Viber or Skype (xxxxxxx) or Facebook or Messenger but say who you are if your online name is different.

My twitter account is @xxxxxxxxxx and I use hashtag #xxxxxxxxxxxx

The full property address is xxxxxxxxxxxx.  There is one double bed in the room you have booked.  Please make sure that you have confirmed with me if you request any different bedding arrangement.

Could you let me know what time you expect to arrive and if you are coming by air, please help me by giving me your flight number and arrival time if you can so that if necessary I can look online to check on arrival. If you are arriving by train, just let me know the arrival time as it is only a couple of minutes’ walk upstairs to get to the apartment.

Can you let me know your email address and confirm the best number or format for contacting you (which might not be the phone number you used as an Airbnb registration).  However, it is a good idea to confirm details of your arrival and plans using the Airbnb messaging system so it is all easy for us to check.  Having your other details will help in the event we have any communication difficulties. 

Journey from the airport(s) or rail station [tailor to your listing]

Describe airport(s), public transportation, airport shuttles, taxis, Uber or your own pickup recommendations. 

Arrival

The apartment is [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]  [Describe arrival situation]

Parking

[xxxxxxxxxxxx] [Explain whether having a car will be essential, a help or a nuisance.]

Local Facilities

Here is some information about my favorite restaurants and local sights.  I am happy to discuss more with you but this may help if you are planning on where to go.

On the Premises

I supply towels, bedlinen, soap, tea, coffee, milk.  There's a hair dryer that you can use.  There are various power adaptors for foreign power cables that will meet most international needs (US, European).  Please don't forget your phone charger.  I have some but not necessarily all on the premises.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any other information or directions.  Please reply either to this email or through the Airbnb messaging service to let me know you have received this information 

2 Replies 2
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hey Peter, I do something similar but instead of attaching the support documents, I use copy.com and give the guest the link to download.  I'm not as specific as you are in some of the details so this is very helpful as I think that you cover some questions that I don't address and should.

Thank you for sharing, it's appreciated.

Sarah-And-Josh0
Level 1
Somerville, MA

Is there a way to automatically send a message to guest after they book a reservation?

Since people often ask the same questions (such as where to park), which we answer in our guide book, we want to send this to them automatically after they book.