How to Edit the Detailed Description

Vicky15
Level 1
Billericay, United Kingdom

How to Edit the Detailed Description

Does anyone know how to edit the detailed description? It has the headers, "the space", Guest access, Interaction with guests etc When I edit I don't get the option to change this part, I can only edit the summary and nothing more. 

Thanks,

Vicky

29 Replies 29
Henry13
Level 1
Palm Springs, CA

I'm Having a similar problem.

I only want to add a few notes. not chage anything. I like what I have written so far, but It wont let me enter the description page,

it appears that I have to start over when i enter the edit description tab. I can not even find what I have written on the edit tab.

Can any one offer some help.

Thank you.

Henry

I was having the same problem, and finally just realized that you can only edit these sections once your listing is published.  At least, I think that is the case.  **bleep** luck.

Did publishing work for you?

Yes, publishing works, publishing reveals the detailed description options.  

I wrote them all out ahead of time and copied and pasted into the headings right after publishing.

My property is already listed.  Is listing it different than publishing it?  How do I publish my listing?  I've tried for ages to edit my listing and can not figure it out.  Is there any way to let airbnb know that this is a problem for many people?  The help center is no help at all and thy appear to be completely unreachable.

I have exactly the same problem. I would like to change my description but can't get into the text.

Billy6
Level 1
Bondi Junction, Australia

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. When you go into Description in Manage Lisiting it only gives the option to edit the Summary and not the long description. Come on airbnb, sort it out!

I'm also having the same problem. 😞

No actually I do not have that problem -- just scroll down the left-side menu further further further when editing your listing - you'll see the right sections there.

There is no left hand menu on my screen

I don't have a left one either.

me neither! argh!!

Diane114
Level 3
Arlington, VA

Same problem. I accidentally selected pet friendly while setting up now can't get rid of it. All it will let me do at this point is add photos to the description section.  Will I annoy some future guest right off the bat when I publish and they think they can bring pets before I figure out how to change it? Oh bother. Maybe I'll just delete and start over. It would be great if you could edit from the listing Preview page.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Diane114....Now I can't tell you what the procedure is if you do not already have a visible listing, or a listing in the preview stage, but, you can alter anything relating to your EXISTING listing (other than payment details) if you go to 'Manage Listings', 'Calendar and more' and on the left of the screen will be your listing editing options. This is a longer method of getting to this option....but it is reliable!

Sometimes you will see an 'Edit Listing' tab as soon as you log on...but I would not give that as reliable information! 

If I were you I would post your listing as is (pets and all) and edit it once it has been posted....A bit like going from New York to London via Rio de Janeiro....but, it works

Cheers.....Rob