How to Leave Honest Host Review (even if host never left one since they know they're not going to get a good review)

George1294
Level 1
St Johnsbury, VT

How to Leave Honest Host Review (even if host never left one since they know they're not going to get a good review)

We've stayed at numerous properties, and most were accurate.  However, we've experienced a couple of hosts that are almost deceitful. 

One location in Toronto looked nice and modern, but what's not shown in the pictures were the buckling hardwood floor, which was a trip hazard.  Coupled with this was the broken door hinges and minor repair issues.   

The latest one was an apartment in Los Angeles.  Pictures painted a wonderful place, but not only was it in the rough part of town, it was extremely hard to find at night!  There were abandoned cars, rubber tires, strewn trash, dark alley ways to the parking, and young guys hanging outside the unit.  It looked like a rented apartment that's been 'spruced up', and rented out to AirBnB.

Anyway, neither host responded nor left a review.  The only way that my review could help others is if they were published, but that won't happen unless they leave a review for me as well (which I know they won't do since I have pictures and proof).

So how can you leave an honest review for others to see?

2 Replies 2
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@George1294I hope you are well.

Your review will be posted at the end of the 14 day review window period- regardless of if the host reviews you or not.

Paul.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

The review system doesn't work that way @George1294 . What about all the guest reviews left on the host's listing? Did the host review them all? You can click on the guest's profile photo to check their profile.