How to accept a request for accommodation after 24 hour Accept/Decline period has expired?

Jeff--And-Linda0
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

How to accept a request for accommodation after 24 hour Accept/Decline period has expired?

Sorry have reposted this as I didn't realize the first area was for Title only - not the full query!!

Hi, we seem to be having a problem accepting a booking…..  a guest requested a booking at our Air BnB and during the next 24 hours we had several communications back and forth. It was just after the 24 hour period that the guest advised they would like to take up the reservation but we see no where on the site how we can "Accept" the reservation now the 24 hour "Accept/Decline" period has expired. Any help much appreciated :))

I have sent the prospective guest several messages asking them to re request the reservation but have had no response.

1 Reply 1
Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jeff--And-Linda0

Here is a link that shows how to handle a reservation after it expires. It appears that when a reservation request expires the dates in your calendar are automatically blocked out and you will have to send the guests a special offer if you would still like them to book.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/28/what-do-i-do-after-i-receive-a-reservation-request

I actually learned something new in looking it up for you. I didn't know that the dates get blocked out on our calendar if you do not accept or decline within 24 hours. But we have a 99% response rate.

Note it is important to know the difference between an inquiry and a reservation request. Both affect your response rate but an inquiry only requires a written response and you have as much time as you need to communicate with the guest before going ahead with a booking. A reservation request however is an accept/decline situation and just communicating with the guest will not make the clock stop. In the future if you need more time it is best to tell the guest you are going to decline until you have worked out the details then either send them a special offer or having them send another reservation request in the future.

Here is a link to a Community Help Guide that goes further into the subject.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Reservation-Inquiry-or-Request-What-s-the-Difference-A-C...