How to add additional content about the Space

Sandy698
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

How to add additional content about the Space

I just set up my host listing and see other listings that have sections to write additional content about the listing that is more than the 500 character allowed listing description. I don't see anywhere in the account to add this info. Example, a listing I see has the Listing Description, then under that, there is "The space" section, "Guest access" section and "Other things to note". I appreciate any advice on how to do this! Thanks in advance!

13 Replies 13
Sandy698
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

Well, I figured it out! I didn't see that it was under the Listing Description after you click Edit. Solved my own issue 🙂

@Sandy698 can you describe what you did to find the other sections again?  I am in the exact same boat as your question above, I described the listing but can't find anywhere that "the space" or The area can be written about.  So weird...  Can you help?  Thank you so much!

Hi @Lisa6889 - Sure! Go to your listing, and then Listing Basics. Click Edit next to Listing Description. Multiple sections will open, including The Space. I've included a screenshot to help describe as well. I hope that helps!airbnb.jpg 

Thank u so much! This is great help 😁

How do I go to listing description area and add the additional comments ? Do I have to publish the listing first then edit it ?  TIA

Potentially, I can’t remember if I had published mine before it showed up or not. I would try publishing and see. I think it’s 24 hours before the lauding goes live so you would have time to update.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sandy698  Glad you found it. 

I have a suggestion which you can take or leave. The write-up is very comprehensive, but reads like a real estate ad. Try to make it a bit more personal and market towards the type of guests who you think would be a good fit for your place. Perhaps this is just an investment property for you, not a place you stay yourselves sometimes, but guests tend to be more respectful if they get the impression this is a home the hosts care about, not just some faceless rental with and off-site host.

Thank you so much for the advice! It is a place we stay and care about as well, but is an investment property too. I’ll work on making it read more personal. I really appreciate the feedback!

@Sandy698  So wording in there about it being your vacation home that you love, etc. will be quite appropriate.  

Be aware that partiers tend to target new hosts, because they think you're naive, so be really vigilant about vetting guests.

Hi Sandy! If you want more tips on how to improve visibility, manage rates etcc... I'm a Superhost Ambassador and I am payed by Airbnb itself to help you! You can exploit me 🙂

Just send me a message here www.airbnb.com/r/lorenzoventuri

Good Luck 

Lorenzo ,
Italian Superhost Ambassador

@Lorenzo306 Advertising services is against the terms of the community center. Since you’re paid by Airbnb to be an Ambassador, it’s inappropriate. This is your second post so far (that I’ve seen) doing this. Please stop. If you wish to help fellow hosts, by all means join us and do it for free, on here. 

@Stephanie @Nick I do hope we won’t suddenly become inundated with posts from ambassadors trying to grab business. It’s already bad enough with the constant flood of people looking for cohost positions and selling other services. Which begs another question. How do advertising posts even make it through the gate in the first place? 

Ah okay! Sorry! I didn't know that since it's an Airbnb program I thought it was not advertising inside the Airbnb community...

Lorenzo ,
Italian Superhost Ambassador
Kim963
Level 2
Reno, NV

@Sandy698 Hi Sandy- I see this is an older post, but I was searching for where on my listing I could edit 'The Space' - so glad I found this to help me out!  Not sure where you are with your hosting of your property.  I have had long history of hosting - started in 2001 in Los Gatos, CA was actually the first host on (another site) in the south bay and then later when Airbnb starter.  Was Premier 140+ 5* reviews with the other site, then Superhost with Airbnb.  Now I have a Family Property in Incline Village, NV that I just started last month.  I will tell you, over 20 years - it is all about the personal touch - your description, your communications with guests/potential guests, your Guide Book and of course your home away from home accommodations..... https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/660778789372136846