How to attach a file to a message on Airbnb?

How to attach a file to a message on Airbnb?

While we have detailed information of how to come to our home from the airports, a map is worth a thousand verbal instructions. We have tried to attach a map to messages for our guests, but they cannot receive it. Our only solution so far, which is a bit cumbersome, is to ask them for a private email address & send the map outside of the Airbnb system. 

Any better suggestions?

67 Replies 67

Thanks for this suggestions, it is quick and esay

Bryan54
Level 1
Houston, TX

You can tell your guest to give you their email but not type the entire email address in because the app will recognize it and block it.  For example Johndoe"at"yahoo.com.  Once you received it, then you can send attachment using your personal email.

David-and-Malu0
Level 1
Naples, Italy

Had the same problem, but it's actually quite simple. Wanted to send them a map from Metro station to house. Solved by sending them a pic through the airbnb app. 

how do you send a picture throught the airbnb message system?

Quinton2
Level 1
Saint George's, Bermuda

The problem that I am having is that some guest do not even check the email that they used to sign up for.  Either they just don't check them or they signed up with an email address that they don't use anymore or it is a less frequently used email.  They are missing my attechements.

James471
Level 2
Mangaf, Kuwait

I don't understand. The host asked my email and it went through the messaging system without redaction or anything. Then the host was able to send a map and all other relevant documents to me through my email address.

Maybe you can transform your pdf file as a picture and send it to them in a text message to their phone.

Ian23
Level 2
Chester, United Kingdom

Until this week a guest could send me their email address via an airbnb message. Now they can't. You have to ask them to type something near to the address like: myname at domain dot com.

Its insane, requires the guest to think techy etc.

When I asked airbnb help they responded with this.... 

"Airbnb's platform includes a messaging tool for the guest and host to communicate. Users can exchange file attachment through the tool using the mobile app like how email works."

Can anyone translate that into english.??

Ian

Miha8
Level 1
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Ok - I found a simple solution - I uploaded the picture on the web and sent a link to my customer. Of course, this will only work after they have made a booking so airbnb does not delete your link. 

Susan745
Level 2
Central Coast, Australia

Great idea Miha.  I also found by using my ipad I can add attachments e.g. send photos e.g. pincode box and how it opens and I save all my information to send to guests as separate 'Saved Messages'.  This works very well.  

Hello Ian, 

This means that you can send files, pictures, etc. to your guests using Airbnb Phone App. 

When you open your airbnb phone app and go to Inbox. You can open your conversation with your guest and on the bottom of the page, you will see icons which allows you to add pictures, files & check-in instruction 🙂 

I hope my answer has helped you 🙂

Friendly 

Marine

Li22
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb, this is soooo frustrating. If you want control and security, I can understand, but you need to provide the hosts tools to do their work. And we need to be able to attached direction, check in info, recommendations on a message after the guests booked. 

Please work on a sollution! 

Susan745
Level 2
Central Coast, Australia

Emailed Airbnb regarding this and got an immediate response.  Use the Airbnb App it has the ability to add attachments, they are working on the software for laptops etc. Hope this helps!

Hugh0
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

Put the map in your photos.

Ian23
Level 2
Chester, United Kingdom

For me a map is only  part of the issue.

I do not want to publish exactly how to access the property on the web site. I want to just send such details to the guest.

I want them to be able to print an information pack to have with them as they drive to the property.