How to automatically offer a Friday discount if someone books a saturday

Jessica1548
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

How to automatically offer a Friday discount if someone books a saturday

Hello, I don’t want to restrict bookings to 2days only for a weekend booking, but instead I want people who do book a Saturday to be automatically offered a Friday night discount when they go to book a Saturday 

6 Replies 6
Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

Hi @Jessica1548

beside making your guests a re-offer on their request of booking from saturday, there is no possibility of setting up the listing in this way.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Jessica1548 There is no way to automatically offer this discount. You could set up a discount for stays of two days or more, but that would apply to any two days, not just adding a Friday to a Saturday.

Maybe just include text in your listing, stating that you offer a discount of X for adding a Friday to a Saturday booking? It wouldn't help in search results, but it might encourage people to extend their getaways if you plant the idea in their heads.

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Denis-Mark0  @Alexandra316 @Jessica1548 

With rule sets, it could possibly be done. Set up a rule with checkout date Saturday. Discount is set up for a two day stay. But you will need to manual put all Friday and Saturday to apply the rule set.

@Alice595 Even if this leads to the price reduction that Jessica wants to have applied. - I trust you. 😉

There's no active communication to guests that a two nights-stay will offer a better average nightly price as long as guests don't try different dates. Or am I wrong in understanding Jessicas aim? 

Because if a guest sets saturday as the first and only night, nothing else happens instead of showing the price for this night. No advertisment telling guests to book the night before.

@Denis-Mark0  I agree with you. Some kind of words need to be in the title or in the description. Unfortunately Airbnb does not allow long titles. There is a limit of words.

Btw, there is once correction on my post. The checkout date should be Sunday instead of Saturday.

Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

@Alice595 @Alexandra316 thanks for the nice conversation in this thread. I hope our input has been helpful for @Jessica1548 and / or anyone else.