How to change the listing Admin

Aarón2
Level 3
Panajachel, Guatemala

How to change the listing Admin

Hello, I want to change the listing admin, without disturbing the properties or bookings already in the account. What is the procedure?  Thank you.

100 Replies 100

OK, so a year later, the same issue persists?

A LOT of people are having this problem as the service gets older and people's circumstances change.  I'm now fully hosting my property, but I can't become super-host or get reviews.  It's totally broken.

I fully support the need to allow a change in the Listing Admin person - without requiring a de-Listing followed by a new listing. - with the result of all the Review History being lost !

Many Guests report this concern on this blog -,Airbnb need to allow this change in their current system because it is clear many Hosts are adversely affection by this problem.

Dear Airbnb PLEASE do something about this issue now !!

I said ‘many Guests’ have this problem - I meant (of course) many Hosts have this problem 

Your property manager can make it to where the payment goes straight into your bank account. They or you will just need to put in your information on that account.

Hey Julia, I have the same problem, I wonder if you have resolved the problem, if so could you please tell me how?

Dora

Melody-and-Luke0
Level 1
Sacramento, CA

I'd like to be removed from the listing as well. How do we make this happen? Please, Air Bnb, help us out. 

Olga129
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

I'm having the exact same problem. Last year I posted the listing I manage on behalf of my mum who did not have an account nor did she know how to use airbnb. I made her a co-host and taught her everything I know. I would like her to be a host now (not just a primary host but the listing admin) since she is actually the owner of the property, takes the payment and pays taxes. Can I switch hosts of the listing so that we do not lose all reviews and rating? 

Chris489
Level 4
Ellenville, NY

Changing the Listing Admin can NOT be done. This is something I am ferociously tackling, as I co-own 8 units with my brother who had created all the listings and is now the sole Superhost, having amasses more than 500 reviews, most of which compliment my stellar service. I have been operating for over a year and have zero reviews and the only way to "change" a Listing Admin, per AirBnB, is to REMOVE the current listing and re-create it, effectively eliminating all existing property reviews (NOT smart business for property owner OR AirBnB). This is in my opinion a huge oveersight on AirBnB's part. I understand they are looking out for their own interest as a reputable global service and of course the interest of the guest, but depriving PRIMARY HOSTs from reviews just because they are not "Listing Admin" does not make sense in my humble opinion. I am constantly trying to advocate for this change - whether it be to easily transfer power from one Listing Admin to a new one, or promoting the PRIMARY HOST as the person who receives a review after a guest's stay, allowing for more Superhosts and more trustworthy AirBnB experiences. Please do not let this issue slip through the cracks. AirBnB is a growing platform and needs feedback from US - the people supplying the product for this platform to thrive on. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello Christopher

This is why it is so important to understand how Airbnb works before a host dives into listing with them.

When you set up a listing it is always linked to the individual rather than the property. Airbnb states this clearly in their information for hosts.  This is the reason why you can't change the listing admin.

If you had wanted the reviews in your name, you could easily have set up the profile in your name, or set it up so that you had four properties each under your profiles. You have now waited a year to do something, so the list of reviews your brother has grows longer and longer.

Unless you and your brother are going separate ways in your business, or you are looking to grow your listing portfolio, it shouldn't matter which brother the listings are set up under.

Helen, we all know that changing the listing admin can not be done. That is why we are here to bring that issue up, not being able to change listing admin makes no sense. Some of us have no problem leaving the reviews but to deactivate the listing in order to change admin is ridiculous. Everyone’s got their own circumstances. Why are you here to tell us what we already know ? I’m sure the people here are looking for a solution, not to be reminded of  that we cannot change admin. Thanks for being so helpful.

Hi Chris - any word from Airbnb, or any way to change listing admin, host and keep what we've all worked hard for? This issue is ludicrous! We are owners, and cannot get the person who set our house up off our account! She decided she didn't want to do it anymore, and dropped it on our laps. ow, as owners, we can't get the assistance needed to get our house changed over to us, yet we have done the majority of the work all this time.  Please help! 

Tamarah5
Level 2
Arizona, United States

Did you ever get anywhere with this?!  I am now dealing with a problem in which I am the property manager, the homeowner didn’t want their name on the listing anywhere. I called Airbnb and was told the only way to do that is make myself listing admin.  Now the homeowner can receive payment without putting his banking information into my account, where I manage other properties as well.  I just want to transfer admin back to the homeowner. Is this possible yet?!

Gabby9
Level 1
Shanghai, China

I am also having this problem. I made a listing for a friend, and now the listiing is tied to my place . Please help 

Mehul2
Level 2
Kolkata, India

I am also having the same problem , but over here I am the listing admin and the primary host is the owner himself , I setup the listing for him , he is not being able to manage the property, subsequently getting bad reviews which is showing on my account , and I am about to lose my supervisor status because of someone else's property whom I just helped create .

Eugen10
Level 3
Bucharest, Romania

Same problem here. Airbnb, please address the issue of passing over Reviews gathered by a Co-Host or Primary Host, if the Listing Admin decides to.

This needs to be fixed.