How to change the listing Admin

Aarón2
Level 3
Panajachel, Guatemala

How to change the listing Admin

Hello, I want to change the listing admin, without disturbing the properties or bookings already in the account. What is the procedure?  Thank you.

100 Replies 100

me too

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jonathan563  & @Ingrid274  It's against the TOS with AIrBnB for you to keep the listing. It's false advertising because you are not the host that achieved the reviews and SuperHost status. Both reviews and SuperHost status remain with the host, not the listing. AirBnB can pull your listing and cancel all the bookings if they find out you are doing this. Below is what needs to be done:

Have the new owner setup a listing you can give him your photo's if all items remain the same. He can use your listing information too. Have him verify his account, profile picture and write his own profile. When he's finished before he lists you contact each guest and explain and tell them the new owner will honor the booking and all items in the listing will remain the same INCLUDING the price they booked originally with a 5-10% discount on the nightly rate for the inconvenience. AirBnB will help in getting the bookings rebooked to the new listing for them penalty free to you and the guests. You may lose a few guests that don't want a brand new host, but for the most part from what I've read most will rebook with the new owner. After this is complete, then he goes live for new listings and you delist. 

Byron36
Level 2
Sandton, South Africa

I disagree with this. Hosts have their own seperate rating system to the property. A property's rating and history should be attached to the property, not the host. This would result in a premium to a property's price and is great for an owner who wants to sell their property along with a great Airbnb page. If a hotel can change hands with it's brand intact, so should an airbnb property. If the new owners run the palce poorly, then the ratings will come down. 

Ray140
Level 2
Negril, Jamaica

My husband is in the hospital Airbnb sent him money via Western Union and since he wobt be able to sign for it and W U wobt give me the money how do i cobtact Airbnb there just seems to be no straigt to talk to Airbnb  

I am his wife that picture is of my husband he is the host but he is in the hospital 

Anton83
Level 1
Vilnius, Lithuania

I am facing similar problem. I have posted the listing, but my wife takes care of it. However she can not see full details of the listing. As a solution Airbnb could allow providing a co-host admin status with the same rights of viewing/modifying a listing.

Same problem here in Greece! I am trying to detach my sister's listing from my account with no luck. This is getting complicated here due to new tax regulations that involve the administrator of the house and not the owner!

@Nikos56  Your sister is going to have to start her own listing there is no way around it and you can Snooze her listing on your hosting site until all the current reservations are over. You will then need to call AirBnB to actually have the listing removed from your hosting site all you can do is delist it. They need to ask some security questions before they will permanately delete it. 

Sonia592
Level 2
Andalusia, Spain

I am new to the community and find everyone’s input really helpful, but I remain utterly confused about what to do! I have been asked by a couple of people in my local area to manage their properties as they are not based in the country. They need someone to set everything up from scratch, i.e their airbnb account, their property listing, I would be working closely with them to agree on all their booking settings, and would be writing up their description, taking photos, managing bookings etc. So full service, then be invited as their co-host. As I understand it if I set them up as listing admin and primary host they would have still full control of their page which is peace of mind for them (and I agree that it should) but I, as the co-host would not benefit from any visibility in the quality of the work I provide.

If I create their listing under my account and this property needs to be handed over to new owner one day I cannot change the listing admin without looking the bookings. 

Is that correct? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Sonia592

Most co-hosts are experienced hosts themselves, so understand how the Airbnb system works.

As you don't have this experience I would suggest it's worth you investing time in reading the Airbnb  Help Centre and the guides here,  for all the basics around how Airbnb works.

The best approach for your hosts is that the listing is set up in the hosts name. Or else the host would lose all their reviews and ratings if you set the listing up in your name and they decided not to use your services any longer, which would be highly unfair to your clients.

As a co-host you are running a service business offering support to a host, so it is right that Airbnb doesn't offer you visibility. There are lots of ways you can market your business and include links to the hosts who you are supporting so people can see the reviews.

Hi Helen, I am already co-hosting for one property owner so not complete inexperienced 🙂 and I have spent a fair amount of time researching and speaking to airbnb staff, some who mentioned that I could add new listings under my account if I acted as their “property manager” and with owner’s agreement of course. I guess the question of visibility may be a matter of opinion in this case, I believe owners should absolutely retain their right to get access to their page and decide how their listing is being managed, so I have no Isse setting listings under owner’s names,  saying this co-hosts who essentially provide a full service, and good quality service enabling owners to rank up in the system should also deservedly be given some visibility.  You will i am sure have read like me many comments on this subject, so this is without doubt  something that really needs to be addressed. Systems change and improve thanks to user’s participation and input. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes I can see you recently became a co-host,  but assumed you haven't had experience as a host as you don't mention it and I thought by your questions, that you hadn't. I apologise if you have hosted before.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I think co-hosts who set up a listing for hosts under their own profile is doing the host a dis-service as you are then making it impossible for them to host themselves without losing the ratings and reviews.

If you understand the importance of setting up listing under the host's name, why have you set up the listing you are co-hosting for under your own profile?

The host sets up and furnishes the property, they pay the bills, they take the risk. It is their business. A co-host is simply providing a support service for the host. That's why it is right that the reviews and ratings are allocated to the host. 

I am sure you will be a great co-host, but part of that is heloing hosts understand the importance and benefits of setting up the listing under their own profiles.

As I mentioned in my earlier post you can link to these listings in your marketing so other hosts can see the reviews and understand the quality of your work. 

Hi Helen, I have created the property listing under the owner’s name, she is the Listing Admin, therefore ratings and reviews remain with her, not me. The reviews showing on my profile refer to travelling not hosting. I am set up as the Primary Host and Co-host, as I am the point of contact for guests before during and after reservations. The property shows under my profile for this reason. 

As per Airbnb site: “the  listing admin determines who will be the primary host of a reservation. They can be the primary host themselves, or they can make the co-host the primary host. Both the listing admin and primary host will receive all notifications related to the reservation, but ratings and reviews will only appear on the profile of the listing admin.

Guests will see the primary host on the reservation, and will expect to interact with only the primary host during their stay”. 

@Sonia592@Helen3 clearly has a strong opinion, but it is just that-- an opinion. As a remote property owner with a local primary co-host, I don't happen to share it. There are distinct disadvantages to me, as the owner, with my co-host not being the listing admin. (She can't send/request money, see private review feedback or sub-category ratings; and reviews she writes appear to have been written by me.) There are pros and cons to both setups, and as long as you and the property owner understand them and agree, either is OK. 

Hi Lisa, thank you very much for your message. I guess my initial questions on the two forum topics I wrote in recently came from a genuine place, being what is the most effective (logistically) way of dealing with several listings, beneficial to both owners and cohosts. This, rather than me wanting to know how best to retain “ownership rights” of listings. Of course,  I still think that it would be nice if Airbnb’s system enabled co-hosts to also be rated for their service associated with properties they manage,  but I guess we’ll have to wait on that one 🙂  The way I manage the current property is quite straightforward as the owner is a friend and neighbour, but as I have been recommended to two new people who own properties near me, who will be based out of the country, and it made me questions wether there may be a better way of setting them up. It was really helpful to read your comments, when I met with them this week I was able to explain the pros and cons of both set ups (me being their listing admin, or primary host/ cohost), so we could make a more informed decision together. My conclusion is that remaining cohost/ primary host is stil the best option for now, but some work from airbnb on authorisations/ access to information and a dual rating ssystem  could really do with being addressed. Thanks again for taking the time to write!