How to charge extra guest fees only on specific dates?

Answered!
Martina214
Level 2
Puerto Escondido, Mexico

How to charge extra guest fees only on specific dates?

I have a standard base fee. I charge an extra fee for additional guest, but on Easter-Christmas holidays, I would like to NOT charge that extra.

Any help on how I can select specific dates for that extra charge? Thank you!

Saludos tropicales

1 Best Answer
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Martina214  

You could duplicate Your listing. You then have 2 completely identical listings, the only difference being:

• Listing 1 has a base price for 4 guests, extra people pay more

• Listing 2 has a base price for 8 guests, said price is higher than for listing 1

This policy does have some small disadvantages, but it works. Many hosts do that.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Martina214There's no way to do that: any fees like cleaning or extra guest charges apply to all dates on your calendar. You could make a note on your listing and refund the guest the extra charges if they book those dates, but it seems quite a cumbersome way to do it. I would probably just set your pricing for those dates to take the extra guest fee into account. 

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I want to make it easier for let´s say 4 people to rent a big house without making them pay for 8 people occupancy. Only in peak season I have to get the rent for 8 people occupancy. 

Too bad! Thanks a lot!

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Martina214,

There is no option to select which dates that fees are applicable.  The only workaround that I can think of is that you prominently post, maybe as a picture, that for reservations during Easter and Christmas that you will refund the fee for extra guests.  If you don't want to charge an extra guest fee during these periods are you changing the minimum stay requirement?

Martina214
Level 2
Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like a good idea. Minimum stay is longer than in other times of the year. 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Martina214  

You could duplicate Your listing. You then have 2 completely identical listings, the only difference being:

• Listing 1 has a base price for 4 guests, extra people pay more

• Listing 2 has a base price for 8 guests, said price is higher than for listing 1

This policy does have some small disadvantages, but it works. Many hosts do that.

Martina214
Level 2
Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Hallo Ute, vielen Dank, das scheint die beste Loesung zu sein! LG, Martina