How to edit a public response to a review

Answered!
Giacomo16
Level 1
Lamporecchio, Italy

How to edit a public response to a review

Hello can anyone help? I wrote in my public response to a review 'The hot water is NOT working instead of NOW working' and I am trying to edit and I am unable to do it. Can anyone help? thanks Giacomo

1 Best Answer

To edit a review:

1. Go to Profile on airbnb.com
  2. Click Reviews
  3. Select Reviews By You
  4. Find the review you’d like to edit

If it’s been more than 48 hours, or your host or guest has also posted a review, your review can’t be edited or deleted unless it violates our content policy.

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39
Bernadette304
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

I have the same problem.. My reponse to the review was not yet finished then I accidentaly send it... How do I edit my response... I already use the edit profile thing but no icon to click to.edit.my response. Please help.. Thanks

It's a big problem.  They will not let you change, there is no way to do this, and above "accepted response" is wrong.

You will be stuck with your embarrasing/incomplete reaction forever!  

All you can do is wait for it to be drowned out with other reviews.

Moral of the story:  you must take super, extra, focus, concentrated care when making a response to a review.  Draft it out, get feedback, think about it several days, copy paste it then send.

Lesson learned.

Agreed. I posted a response to the wrong review and it's obvious because I called her the wrong name and referenced something she didn't even post in her review. 

Lesson learned the hard way!

@Susan1188  @Bernadette304  they don't even actually allow changes that breach content policy community standards or the biggie terms of service, which personally i find wholly ridiculous.  but i'm only a cog in a machine wheel that gives no effs lol

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it
Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

Please give feedback about the "Accepted Solution", I think this is inaccurate.

@Giacomo16  Did this really work for you?

@Julie_Mike0 this is the way to fix YOUR review of the guest IF the guest did not leave a review yet and IF you want to change within 2 days.

Giacomos problem was that he responded to the guest review inappropriately!  GUEST had ALREADY LEFT THE REVIEW.  Completely different situation and so the above procedure will not work.

This happened to me as well, and there was nothing to do - despite calling CS 5 minutes after clicking and publishing my response, it was written in stone CS absolutely refused to do anything to change it.  So my embarrassing public response that I didn't think would be public is forever on my listing visible to all.

Amber30
Level 2
Nashville, TN

I followed these instructions and there is no way to edit a review response. I accidentally called a guest the wrong name. Ugh! Not sure why this option is not allowed anymore. 

Marion773
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

I did the same thing. The problem is that you read the public review and then beneath  is is the private review and underneath  that it says RESPOND. I responded  to the private review by mistake not realizing it was public. Airbnb needs to address this issue. Bad website design. I tried to edit it but no joy. I can understand you cannot change your guest review but you should be able to edit your own posts if you made an error. 

Theresa544
Level 2
Carmichaels, PA

I am still trying to correct a mistake from 2017.

I stayed at two different, and accidentally left a review meant for one place under the listing for the other place.

AirBnB - why can't this be sorted out?

@Theresa544  2017? Does it really matter anymore? Did you say something disparaging about a place you meant to leave a good review for? It's probably buried so far down the hosts' reviews that no one will ever see it anymore.

You can't change a review once it is posted. What you can do is ask for it to be removed entirely.

Dani10388
Level 2
Hillsborough, NC

Came here to try to fix this myself: hit "enter" too quickly, and my comment is inaccurate and not what I wished to convey. Def needs to be a process to request a comment be edited if we can't have our own editing power.