How to edit a public response to a review

Answered!
Giacomo16
Level 1
Lamporecchio, Italy

How to edit a public response to a review

Hello can anyone help? I wrote in my public response to a review 'The hot water is NOT working instead of NOW working' and I am trying to edit and I am unable to do it. Can anyone help? thanks Giacomo

1 Best Answer

To edit a review:

1. Go to Profile on airbnb.com
  2. Click Reviews
  3. Select Reviews By You
  4. Find the review you’d like to edit

If it’s been more than 48 hours, or your host or guest has also posted a review, your review can’t be edited or deleted unless it violates our content policy.

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I don;t think you can once you have published it - you will need to contact AirBnB to ask them to change it.

In the meantime put it in the first like of your description (people tend to look at the property first and then the reviews so at least they will be aware the problem has been resolved)

C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

If the guest has not reviewed you yet, you have 2 days to edit it. The review itself and not an answer. Get on a pc.
Mark216
Level 1
New York, NY

I didn't realize the response I wrote was going to be PUBLIC!!  
So now I need to delete it and start over. 

Any way to do this?
Thank you,

Mark

To edit a review:

1. Go to Profile on airbnb.com
  2. Click Reviews
  3. Select Reviews By You
  4. Find the review you’d like to edit

If it’s been more than 48 hours, or your host or guest has also posted a review, your review can’t be edited or deleted unless it violates our content policy.

What do you do when you "find the review you'd like to edit"? There is no button or link or anything to edit it. 

did you happen to figure this out? I have been trying to edit as well with no success

@Giacomo16  Did this really work for you?

@Julie_Mike0 this is the way to fix YOUR review of the guest IF the guest did not leave a review yet and IF you want to change within 2 days.

Giacomos problem was that he responded to the guest review inappropriately!  GUEST had ALREADY LEFT THE REVIEW.  Completely different situation and so the above procedure will not work.

This happened to me as well, and there was nothing to do - despite calling CS 5 minutes after clicking and publishing my response, it was written in stone CS absolutely refused to do anything to change it.  So my embarrassing public response that I didn't think would be public is forever on my listing visible to all.

Mark,

I did the same thing as you, responding to a Private review from my guest not knowing it was going to be Public..  Looks like we're both screwed.   Maybe if we both contact Airbnb aboutr it they will change it.

Jon

Hey Jon,

I did the same, how did you go? Where you able to have the response removed?

cheers

Bas

Same thing happened to me - so now my private reply that is now public is not only totally confusing but also makes it sound like we have an issue when we don't.  What did you do to fix it?  Thanks!

Shagy-And-Ioana0
Level 1
Sibiu, Romania

Hello! 
I answered to a public review 30 minutes ago but only a part of my message is visible.
How can i re-edit it my answer so i can add everything i want to?
Looking forward for your help!
Thank you! 

I don't understand why there is NO way to edit the response as so many people think their response is private when it is really public. In my case - the homeowner woke up in the middle of the night and wrote a not so nice response thinking it would be private.  Now we can edit it and look like assholes. 

I have a strict "no owner interference" policy in place. I guess I could blame it like Ambien Tweeting. 

Meredith82
Level 1
New York, NY

I don't see any resolution here. You can't edit reviews or responses -- there is no way to select them, no button or highlight or anything. Has anyone figured this out? Thanks. I need to edit my response to a review.

Joseph493
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

The solution posted does not work for responses to public reviews. This is a pretty big oversight by Airbnb and it wouldn't seem it should be too difficult to add in this functionality (editing your response to a review).