How to enable the new Internal Name field on my existing listings?

Answered!
Brendan-and-Natalie0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

How to enable the new Internal Name field on my existing listings?

I've created another new listing recently, and it has a handy field called "Internal Name".  This is really handy as it allows me to put the address of the property, then when I receive messages, I quickly now it's for that place, and not my other listings.  My other places have titles like "Modern apartment" my wife gets confused about which property has which title (a great problem to have).

How do I enable the Internal name field on all my other listings?

Internal Name field

1 Best Answer
Pj23
Level 2
Nashville, TN

ANSWER! In the mobile app, go to the Listing > scroll down and tap on Title > Internal Name

Now, I talked to Airbnb since I couldn't initially find the answer here and they told me they started a Beta called 'QLYS' in July 2017 that allowed hosts to add internal names. They told me it is no longer activated at Airbnb and that I could send support a message with my input. I'll do that, but this is still wonky. Here's the article from their internal Airbnb website he sent me: 

As our product offering continues to evolve, it's important that we think about the hosting journey from the unique Volume Host perspective.

Quick LYS provides a method for Volume Hosts to add all of their listings to Airbnb quickly and efficiently, and optimize their listings' appeal. This is achieved by introducing new concepts to the LYS flow such as templating and listing duplication. 

Important: This experiment is currently on hold. No additional hosts or listings will be opted in for the time being, though features such as "internal" name will still be visible for listings created through QLYS.

July 2017 50% Hosts with 2+ listings
User Journey

PDF

FAQs
What is "internal name"?
Internal name is a tool only available to Pro Hosts who set up their listings using QLYS. It allows them to set up a name for a listing that is only visible to them, not to guests. 
How is "listing appeal" determined?
Listing appeal is measured by the following attributes presented to hosts as tips to "improve their listing"
Calendar Availability- Listing needs to have at least 1 available date for guests to book.
Price- Price needs to be in recommended range for market. (Site will tell host if price is too high or low)
Listing Description- Must have at least 4 sections filled in.
Bed Details- Must be completed.
Photos- Must have at least 7 listing photos.
If even 1 of these requirements is not fulfilled, the listing will appear as "low appeal"
Does "listing appeal" affect search placement?
No, this currently has no affect on search placement.

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Gladys38
Level 2
Davenport, FL

I am wondering this myself I have multiple units and would really like to know how to do it. 

Kristen66
Level 2
Louisville, KY

This is great, I would also love to know how to do this.  

I somehow was able to add internal name during the adding new listing and im still able to change it and see it.

But on my another listing which was added before, such option is disabled, there is no such option.

My recomendation is to re-do the lissting and add the internal name. I cant see any other options.

I hope it helped, but im still looking for abilitty to add internal name on my existing listing, because its kind of dumb way to re-do everything.

Kyo-Machiya0
Level 1
Kyoto, Japan

I was wondering the same...

Ragnar5
Level 1
Trondheim, Norway

Same issue here - was able to add it my new listing, and it would be great to add this to my existing listings as well to avoid confusion. 

Raed1
Level 2
Amman, Jordan

Same problem here. I was able to add it on the new listing but I couldn't for the old listings.

There should be away to add it. Can sombody from Airbnb customer service help us.

East-Coast0
Level 2
Orlando, FL

same problem

Ryland2
Level 2
Fernie, Canada

Same problem.  Would be really nice if this was rectified.

Aly-And-Junaid0
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

same....such a shame

Jyri0
Level 2
Fuengirola, ES

Some of listings have a field for internal name, some of mine not. And it has nothing to do if listing is newer or older. 

please airbnb staff give us an answer.

Xu0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

You can use the Airbnb's mobile app to add internal name to your listings.
Xu0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

You can use the Airbnb's mobile app to add internal name to your listings.

Xu, how do you edit Internal Name on the mobile app? Could you please give step by step instructions on what to click/tap on...?

Thank you.

Pj23
Level 2
Nashville, TN

ANSWER! In the mobile app, go to the Listing > scroll down and tap on Title > Internal Name

Now, I talked to Airbnb since I couldn't initially find the answer here and they told me they started a Beta called 'QLYS' in July 2017 that allowed hosts to add internal names. They told me it is no longer activated at Airbnb and that I could send support a message with my input. I'll do that, but this is still wonky. Here's the article from their internal Airbnb website he sent me: 

As our product offering continues to evolve, it's important that we think about the hosting journey from the unique Volume Host perspective.

Quick LYS provides a method for Volume Hosts to add all of their listings to Airbnb quickly and efficiently, and optimize their listings' appeal. This is achieved by introducing new concepts to the LYS flow such as templating and listing duplication. 

Important: This experiment is currently on hold. No additional hosts or listings will be opted in for the time being, though features such as "internal" name will still be visible for listings created through QLYS.

July 2017 50% Hosts with 2+ listings
User Journey

PDF

FAQs
What is "internal name"?
Internal name is a tool only available to Pro Hosts who set up their listings using QLYS. It allows them to set up a name for a listing that is only visible to them, not to guests. 
How is "listing appeal" determined?
Listing appeal is measured by the following attributes presented to hosts as tips to "improve their listing"
Calendar Availability- Listing needs to have at least 1 available date for guests to book.
Price- Price needs to be in recommended range for market. (Site will tell host if price is too high or low)
Listing Description- Must have at least 4 sections filled in.
Bed Details- Must be completed.
Photos- Must have at least 7 listing photos.
If even 1 of these requirements is not fulfilled, the listing will appear as "low appeal"
Does "listing appeal" affect search placement?
No, this currently has no affect on search placement.