How to force the Host to reply my request on Resolution Center

Gary810
Level 2
Hong Kong

How to force the Host to reply my request on Resolution Center

This Host is ignored my request on Resolution Center.

My reservation is cancelled because the outbreak of virus on March 12. Base on my case, Airbnb said the only way to do is raise a ticket "Request Money" on Resolution Center to get a part of refund. I followed the instruction. However, the host is ignored. He didn't make any reply even I message him directly.

I asked Airbnb on this case again and they said nothing to do for this because of the Cancellation Policy is applied and the Host has full rights to accept or deny the request. Airbnb has no ability to force the host reply my request.

The case is still pending on the Host side.

Could anyone that advise me how to do?

**[Name hidden due to privacy reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

4 Replies 4
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Gary810 

When did you cancel your reservation?

I had a booking (as a guest) for the easter holiday. I cancel it before the date, and received a refund immediately. 

I cancel it at 12 of March. But I received nothing so. 

Peter1888
Level 2
Mason, OH

I'm a host and hoping you can help me. We had a guest cancel for arrival after April 16. I want to totally refund her but when I click through the "issue full refund" button, it takes me to "send money" and says it will take the money from my "payment account." I don't know if that means my checking account. i have not been paid on this reservation and don't want it to pull from my checking. Customer Service hasn't replied after a week.  Any insight is helpful, thank you!

@Peter1888  Airbnb cannot take money out of your bank account.  That would be highly illegal. What they mean is that they will deduct the amount from future reservation payouts, or if you haven't received the money yet for this reservation, they will just deduct it from what they would have paid you had the booking not been cancelled.

However, most hosts advise against refunding money to guests through the resolution center until you have actually received the money for the reservation. Because sometimes a host refunds money, only to find out that the guest has also applied to Airbnb for a refund and gotten it. So they have received the refund twice and you're out-of-pocket for the money you refunded. 

I'd maybe contact Airbnb to make sure that the guest did pay for this reservation in full (rather than half-up-front) and that if you send her a refund through "Send money", it will cancel out the $ that is supposedly sitting in Airbnb's coffers waiting to be paid out to you.

A lot of guests think that as soon as they pay for a reservation, the host has their money. If they are asking you to refund, or you want to offer, it's good to make it clear to them that you don't have their money at this point, therefore there is nothing to "refund" -that Airbnb has their money and hasn't released it to you yet.