How to get help from Aibnb, got a false review

GaetanoandTatiana0
Level 2
Geneva, Switzerland

How to get help from Aibnb, got a false review

Recently I had a very difficult guest. 
I have been a superhost for 5 years. Now This guest is spoiling all my hard work. 

I had a bad feeling about the guest form the beginning as he asked to contact him directly, and did not have any previous review. But being time of Corona Virus I decided to accept his booking. My bad....

After spending one week in my house, not complaining. Past a week of  him  leaving he left a 2 star rating. 
Complaining about everything. Cleanliness, swimming pool, stepping on a dog poo (200 meters away for the house), food in the fridge that we left for his breakfast. 

We are present at the propriety, so any issue can be solved straight away, just point out to us. 

How can I bring this to the attention of Airbnb? I feel being very neglected by Airbnb as a long time host. 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@GaetanoandTatiana0 As your latest 2 reviews complained about cleanliness I would suggest you address this rather than trying to bring it to the attention of Airbnb. Many guests just want to get on with their holiday and not be bothered by cleaners coming in to do what should have been done already.

@GaetanoandTatiana0 Your two most recent reviews appear to be fair and honest accounts of the guests' experiences. They took care to mention the positive aspects of their stay, but clearly they had some genuine issues that you would do well to address - I agree strongly with @Mike-And-Jane0 on this point.  

For sure, most hosts would prefer if guests brought a problem to their attention during the stay instead of surprising them with a bad review, but they're not actually obliged to do this unless they're seeking a refund.  If someone trying to enjoy their holiday has to call their host to complain and wait for the problem to be resolved, they've already been inconvenienced enough that their review is unlikely to be perfect anyway.

Forget about Superhost status, that's meaningless garbage - your job is to deliver on all the promises your listing makes to guests for their dream holiday. Rather than waste your time asking customer service agents to censor perfectly legitimate criticisms from your listings, I really think you should take that feedback on board and improve (as you insist in your public responses you will do). Or, if that seems too onerous a task, at least change your listing descriptions to set more accurate expectations.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@GaetanoandTatiana0  It sounds like you think it's okay to leave dog excrement near where your guests park, just because its 150-200 ft. from the house.

Of course you aren't going to clean up 2 hectares of land from dog poo, but leaving it where guests could easily step in it in the areas where they normally park and walk isn't acceptable.

I saw you also have a review dating back to June, which also complains about the cleanliness, mold in the shower, etc, and back then you responded that you were addressing the issue. Yet you are still getting those comments. Perhaps you decided to give the cleaner a second chance to improve her performance, and I see one of your recent responses is that you are getting a new cleaner, but you can't fault guests for what appear to be legitimate complaints.

You say the food in the fridge was breakfast food provided for the guest, but "Freezer was not emptied, it still contained old cakes and cups filled with some liquid" a lie?

What I don't quite understand is that you live on the property, yet you never inspected the place after the cleaner was finished, even after the hygiene complaint back in June? 

In any case, you have pages of wonderful reviews, so hopefully you have found a better cleaner now, will check the work before guests show up, and try not to overreeact about the reviews that aren't so good.