How to get more bookings on Airbnb?

Brielle1
Level 1
Redwood City, CA

How to get more bookings on Airbnb?

Hi Community!

New host here. I'm looking for ways to increase my bookings. We have a beautiful new studio that's the perfect spot for a business traveler or couple. We've received good reviews. We've listened to our guests and equipped it with every tool and gadget requested. We keep it clean and tidy. I also went ahead and filled in the missing info from this suggested tips list https://community.airbnb.com/t5/New-Hosts/25-tips-to-get-booked/td-p/141233.

I realize that some guests will book last minute, but we just want to ensure we book enough days to cover our expenses before the start of each month. How do other renters combat this issue? 

6 Replies 6
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Brielle1

Hi - you do not have a live listing - I checked your profile there is nothing showing. Are you sure you have now listed it?

I also see no reviews...

I am a cohost under my boyfriend's account. Could that be the issue? If so do you know how to resolve it?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I agree with @Gerry-And-Rashid0 - you're not going to get any bookings if you don't have a live listing 🙂

here is the link to our listing https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11190419?preview

@Brielle1

I can see it now....

The reason it will not come up in many searches is you have no availability. other than in March - so anyone doing a general search will see bookings with good availabiliity first. It also seems expensive for 1 or 2 people (circa £138 per night), plus an £87 cleaning fee. My guess it is the combination of lack of availability, high price, 

However, I did a specific search for your area, with a 3 night stay for dates you are available and it came up on the first page.

Thanks for the feedback Gerry. I will try out these suggestions!

Do you think there is any issue with me co-host? I am the verified and active host for our account. Do both hosts have to be active on the platform? I manage the property on behalf of my boyfriend who is the account holder, but he only uses the platform as a traveller.

Thanks,

Bri