How to list two bedroom listing in a three bedroom unit.

Blake1
Level 1
Chicago, Illinois, United States

How to list two bedroom listing in a three bedroom unit.

I am new to hosting. I have a 3 bedroom 2 full bathroom condo. I occupy the master bedroom/bathroom. I want to list the other two rooms together in the same listing but airbnb does not let you list two bedrooms unless you classify the place as "entire home" which technically it is not. What should I do? I want to market this listing as two bedrooms, not just two beds, but I also don't want to confuse any guests. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

This is the same situation we have.  If you want to rent each room to guests from different partys, I believe you will have to create two listings, one for each room. Being sure to be clear they will share a bathroom if that is the case.  We only rent our extra room to people from the same party.  So with two rooms, our listing can accomodate up to four people and we charge extra per person after two guests. 

Hope this helps.

Queenie0
Level 10
United States

We list 2 of our 4 bedrooms. Each room is a separate listing so that they can have individual calendars. As suggested, you just need to be clear that you're offering Private Bedrooms but Shared Bath.

Vladimir0
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

I also have a 3 bedroom 2 full bathroom home and would also like to list the other two bedrooms in the same listing.  I do not want to list them separately.  AirBnB needs to add a new option for this situation because it seems to come up fairly often.

Totally agree. Have been asking Airbnb to rectify this anonomally  (re entire house v. 1 room as advertised in 'the space'); when one is living in said house, and one is letting  eg 3 beds in three bedrooms - then it is not 3 beds in 1 bedroom!!!!!!!!!? -  (I wish for groups/ one to four persons, to use 'the wing' of the house and not make seperate listings and share a bathroom and toilet) SM