How to list zip and link beds which can be set up as super king or twin?

Elizabeth1354
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

How to list zip and link beds which can be set up as super king or twin?

Hi all. 

Just wondering how many people out there are having the same problem as me in having to choose whether to list my superking bed which can be divided to create twin beds, as a superking or twin beds. 

Obviously if it's listed as singles it restricts the number of couples who will book and if it's listed as a super king it will restrict the number of singles. 

We need an option for versatile bed arrangements such as this - so that the listing could simply say: Superking or twin beds. 

I'm amazed that it hasn't already been included as this is a very common feature of guest accommodation. 

4 Replies 4
John1902
Level 8
Aldeburgh, United Kingdom

I've just experienced exactly the same problem

John2406
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

I totally agree with both your concern, as well as with - even if not mentioned - your frustration, for try as I might, there doesn't appear to be any guidance on this topic!

Whilst it may well be that the mere mention of "zip and link beds" don't occur within the vocabulary of other Countries (other than the UK's), what I find even more strange is that amongst the various sizes of beds, "SuperKing" as a size, isn't mentioned at all (but then again, there isn't any mention of an "Emperor" bed, either!) 

At the moment we have 1 x  SuperKing bed that can be separated into 2 x 3foot wide single beds when required, But we can't list the bed as one SuperKing as Airbnb don't list such a size.

On the other hand, as Single beds ARE listed, we're able to say that we have 2 x Single beds, but NOT that they can be linked together in order to make one lovely 6foot wide (SuperKing) bed!

To be perfectly honest, I'm very surprised to discover that apart from the one comment (and only one, until I came along) no-one else has a problem with describing what they have and provide -  bed-wise -  for their own Guests?  Unless, that is, that no-one else apart from yourself, the author of the other comment, and - of course - myself, actually provide  the flexibility of SuperKing beds, such as wot we does?!

Personally I believe that this particular matter is more for Airbnb themselves to resolve than within the Airbnb Community, as here we can discuss and suggest, but don't have the ability to add "missing" facilities.

Having said that, perhaps an Administrator on here could take up the matter on our behalf, as I can't really believe that the thousands of zip and link bed bases and mattresses sold throughout the world can ONLY be described on Airbnb's portal as 2 x 3foot  (90cm) wide beds.

C'mon Airbnb, us Hosts are trying to give our Guests a wider and more flexible range of beds, suitable for an equally flexible range of Guests! so please could you give us the ability to accurately describe what beds we have and in which way they can be  transformed into something even better?!

Thank you (with much anticipation)! 

Elizabeth1847
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Couldn't agree more - it's frustrating not to provide all the information which guses need to make an informed choice when booking. We have  just missed out on a 5* review because the guests didn't know in advance that the bed was zip and link. 

I can't believe they haven't added this yet - it should be straight forward!  I have asked a couple of times.