How to remove sensitive data of a co-host in order to stop co-hosting a page?

Franco209
Level 2
Florence, Italy

How to remove sensitive data of a co-host in order to stop co-hosting a page?

Hello all,

I just finished my contract as a co-host and I want to remove my personal data from the listing page before I hand it to the host.

The host is not skilled in computer stuff. I used to do everything by myself!

By handing the page, i mean, I have to give the credentials to the host. He will give the credentials to a new co-host. 

I'm using my own email address to log in to the account.

So, how can I connect the host's Airbnb account to his email address instead of mine? i.e: so he can log in using his email address and not mine?

I have already deleted the payment method that includes my bank account info. All the payments now will be routed to his bank account. But part of my bank account number is still showing in the payment history page. Is there a way I can eliminate the part of my bank account that is still showing? i.e: i don't want the new co-host to be able to see it in order not to take a risk to expose this kind of sensitive data!

One final question: is there anything else I should delete before giving the credentials to the host?

Thanks,

Sandro

8 Replies 8
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Franco209 

I think the main issue is that, looking at your listing, you do not appear to be the co-host, you appear to be the host.

With that, becomes more difficult to move things. I think you need to change the email and the password - make sure those are for the new OWNER of the property.

They can, after, change the profile picture and other details.

After that, the OWNER can add a co-host, and it is much easier to add or delete the co-host. The financial details will then, always, be of the OWNER and HOST of the property.

Hi @Roberta2 yesterday i removed myself as a co-host (my name is Sandro). Now, i’m looking for a way to delete all personal data before the owner will give the credentials to a new co-host. Hope that make sense to you?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Franco209 - You cannot, per Airbnb rules, move an account to another person. Whilst what @Roberta2  says might work(feels like it should) you will not be able to change the account name which could be a problem.

I think the 'proper' way to do it is to shut the account and ask all the guests to transfer to a new account. Any super host status, reviews etc will be lost to the owner but kept by you if you host a different property in the future.

@Mike-And-Jane0 I won’t move the account to another person. I want to make sure that the new co-host won’t have access to my personal data that still appear in the page. Hope that make sense to you?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is just one of the reasons why it is unfair for co-hosts to set up a hosts listing under their profile. @Franco209 

You have no made it difficult for the host to take back his listings and he will lose all his ratings and reviews and have to start again. Is the host aware of this?

No @Helen3! It seems you misunderstood what i wrote. The host won’t loose his reviews and won’t loose his rating. The page will remain active. I want to delete my personal data before handing it. That’s it

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Franco209 , As @Roberta2 said you are the host (according to the listing) so the owner will have to start again to build a new listing and gain new reviews. You will also have to sort out any current bookings.

I don't think @Helen3 has misunderstood - I think you have.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Franco209  What others are trying to tell you that you don't seem to understand is that listings are non-transferrable. Changing the owner of the account the listing is under isn't possible- A new account holder means a new listing. An Airbnb listing is tied to the account holder, not the property itself. Listings can't be passed around from one profile to another.