How to set a maximum vacant period?

Rikesh2
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

How to set a maximum vacant period?

Hi all,

I've searched for this but can't find it anywhere. How do I set a maximum vacant period for the listing?

For example: accommodation is booked/occupied until 31 Jan 2021. After this, the calendar is completely free. How do I make sure new requests have a check-in date no later than 15 Feb 2021?

This is important because the accommodation is for long stays only. This means that the empty periods cannot easily be filled with short stays. I currently have Instant Book turned off because I want to review each request to ensure it doesn't leave the property vacant for too long. If I could get this set up, I would be happy to turn on Instant Book.

Hope this makes sense - appreciate your help.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Rikesh2 

It is not possible to set a maximum vacant period. If you only want to accept guests which book your listing in a way there is a minimum of "not booked nights" on the calender (which we all like...) , IB is not an option. But it also means you probably need to decline a lot of requests (which Airbnb does not like..).

You can set some booking limitations by setting up proper rule-sets, but if you only want bookings within 15 days after an existing reservation ends means: keep an eye on the incoming requests and accept only the ones which fit.

Rikesh2
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Thanks for the reply. This is the approach I’ve had to date. Unfortunately it has led to a low acceptance rate in my profile and has precluded me from enabling Instant Book. Is this something Airbnb could look into and perhaps add a new feature?