How to unblock a cancellation

How to unblock a cancellation

Is there anyway to get dates unblocked if you have had to cancel a booking? I am new to airbnb and still finding my way and I had to cancel a booking in the summer for various reasons and not fully understanding the consequences. But as the summer is our very busy period (its empty the rest of the year) we need the summer bookings to make enough money to cover costs. We don't run the flat for profit so the income from the summer is vital. Is there a way to get the dates unblocked by airbnb head office?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Katy311  There are many penalties for cancelling, your calendar being blocked for those dates being one of them. You should never do a cancellation yourself- if you have a valid reason for cancelling, contact Airbnb and ask that they cancel for you without penalties. 

As to this cancellation, you could contact them, plead ignorance, that you're brand new to this and didn't understand how it all works, and see if they'll forgive this one, just this once, pretty please, and unblock the dates.