How to update default language in App?

Answered!
Chirag2
Level 1
New Delhi, India

How to update default language in App?

Hi, Lizzie! How do I change the default language in the new app? It was there in settings of the previous version but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the new app. 

**[Title Updated]

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Art-City-Inn0, Hope you are doing well!

I wanted to share this article that details the steps to Changing the language on Airbnb on different devices. You can toggle through your preferred devices to know the steps. I hope it helps!

Bhumika_0-1693241157040.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39
Nguyễn13
Level 1
Hanoi, Vietnam

Oh. This is very stupid app. Unicon start up???

Pavel122
Level 1
Kommunarka, Russia

Have the same problem for a couple of years. I think it is really easy to fix. Just plan it to your developer sprint Airbnb ¿So, what's the hell?

Backlog seems to be to long and customer has other priorities... ;-(

I have the Same Problem, trying to fix it Since one hour- time lost!

This is exactly my problem as well! I should be able to change the language of the app at my leisure. My phone is Italian, but I want the app to be in English. I should not have to change the language of my phone so the app is in the language that I want it to be in. Please update this setting as this is unacceptable. There are many people that speak more than one language. 

How is this still an issue if the first post was from 2017?!?!? COME ON AirBnB!!!! Fix this issue ASAP! It’s already 2022 and this has not been fixed. 

is there anyone from AirBnB who reads these or care to respond? Or are we all talking among ourselves? Changing my phone language is not a solution to how change the default language in our listings.

I have the same issue. AirBNB must not read these.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Art-City-Inn0, Hope you are doing well!

I wanted to share this article that details the steps to Changing the language on Airbnb on different devices. You can toggle through your preferred devices to know the steps. I hope it helps!

Bhumika_0-1693241157040.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ewald21
Level 1
Almere, Netherlands

De Airbnb-app gebruikt dezelfde taal als die je voor je apparaat ingesteld hebt. Dit kun je wijzigen in de systeeminstellingen van je apparaat.

Airbnb app uses the system language of your device.

Has anybody been able to find a fix for this yet? I need my phone in French language mode, but I need my Airbnb app in English mode.

Problems

1. No app language settings (Android): Most apps on my Android can be set to a specified language on a per app basis (no matter the global language settings). They can be set either in the app language settings or in the Android Language settings under "App Languages". The Airbnb app does not have language settings in the app. It also doesn't show up in the settings under the "App Languages" list.
  2. Default language is controlled by the app (and thus system language of one's phone): One can set the preferred language on the website by going to Account>Global Preferences>Preferred Language. However as soon as the app is used, the language set on the website under Preferred Language reverts to the language of the phone. (Eg, my phone is in French, I set the Preferred Language on Airbnb's website to English, I use my phone, the preferred language on Airbnb's website reverts to French.)
  3. Email notification language is also controlled by language of the phone.

These should be fairly easy fixes from Airbnb's end: Add a language preference to the menu in the app and link this to the language preferences in global settings on the website; that way if one gets changed, the other will also be changed.

Unless I'm missing something or there's a workaround, this seems to still be an issue.