How to write negative factual honest review for a guest

Lili1193
Level 2
Saint Martin

How to write negative factual honest review for a guest

X asked me for a discount when booking  which I declined..then x  immediately was ok with the price listed and went ahead and  book.

On the arrival day X message me after 6 pm to let me know that they are on their way to the house than few minutes later calls me because they were having trouble finding  the house  so while giving her directions tru the phone I heard her boyfriend yelling at her in the back ground than she apologizes to me  for his rude behavior..

When they finally made it to the house we greeted eachother saying hi ,  She said she was tired and that she had a long work day, ( I thought they flew in from Miami but she explained they were already here on the island stayed at another accommodation since a few days now which she didn’t mention to me when booking  my house..) so I took her to the guest house and she said she loved  it and it’s pretty nice While her boyfriend was still outside. I have not had any communication with him he seem reserved.

I always message my guest the following day to know if everything is ok but my message  was ignored by X

I Heard her scream once early on a morning I was petrified , I sent  her a message if everything was ok but my message was ignored. Than I went by their terrace and called her she never came out ...

Finally few days later by surprise she message me about how to use soap pods for the washing machine.

Than 1 night before their departure I had cops wringing my door bell asking to talk to the guests...this was too much!

On their checkout day just few Minutes after, I went to The guest house to check on the exit condition,

So they were  completely disrespectful of my guest house and broke my house rules:

-Damaged a counter stool chair

-washing machine filter cover  was off no where to be found why would they rip that off??!

-Days of dirty dishes with rotten pieces of food in sink causing the kitchen sink to clogged ..their  attempt to unclogged the pipe left  dry stains of dirty water on bottom shelf under the sink..

-Lots used tissues and plastic garbage bags all over the ground

Empty bottle, used face mask, cup with liquid left on the counter

-pool towels were badly damaged  with red stains

-they left hall and terrasse Lights and ac on non stop during the whole 6 nights

-smoked cigarettes and left butts in my Buddha statues by the pool

I have never had a guest  disrespectful of my home like this

Would not host again

I messaged her to let her know about the condition they left the place  that I was disappointed In their behavior .. and that I will make a claim for the chair (over 100$)

She denied the brokenChair that they never sat on them

Than I told her about the towels then she retaliate by saying lies  and criticizing « that How my towels were in poor very used and rough condition » , and how « they are there to use or else should not be there and ofcourse they can be stained and rewash! » the Audacity of that lady!

than she complain  about my washer left her clothes rough damaged ..I told her next time learn to read clothing label carefully not to damage you clothes!

I finally got paid for the damage of chair after sending all the pics and receipt ..but now I’m not show what to expect from her review..

I will appreciate if any one Can advise how to write a factual honest negative review about all this ordeal

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lili1193  "Guests thoroughly disrespected the home, failed to respond to messages, caused multiple damages, left the place filthy and in total disarray. Not recommended."

Thank you @sarah977 for you help! 

@Lili1193 I think the review suggested by @Sarah977 is right on point. But I also hope you remember this experience next time you get a request asking for a discount. This is always a sure sign of trouble ahead - best way to handle these queries is to decline and wish the guests the best of luck in their search for a place that fits their preferred budget.