How to write review after extortion attempt

How to write review after extortion attempt

Newbie on Airbnb, yet long time vacation rental host.  My guest tried to extort a full refund after his group was in our house long enough to dirty dishes, take a shower, and leave a messy kitchen. Airbnb resolution center came to agreement with me to refund one night of the two night stay.  He did not like our shower area (separate in the laundry room rather than in the full bathroom), he did not like that our housekeeping service left towels drying in the dryer, even though there were numerous other clean, folded towels available on the shelves, and he embelished about how horrible our sheets are.  We have one set of relatively new sheets for every bed (less than 2 years old, good quality) and extra sheets for each bed, older yet clean.  There are a few clorox droplet stains on a few of the sheets.  He claimed horribly stained, urine etc etc 

Anyway,  my biggest concern was the extortion, which I did report and Airbnb resolved.  They said they also mentioned to the guest that Airbnb homes are not like hotels.  I think that might have been in regards to us not haveing stiff, bright white sheets on all the beds, not sure.  

I need to get my review on him done tonight. I know, I procrastinated.  I do feel the host community needs to know about the extortion attempt so here is my attempt at a review:

Thumbs down and this "This guest was not a good fit for our property. We feel he might be more comfortable staying in a motel. We now both should have a good understanding of how the Airbnb handles a threat of a bad review if a full refund is not given."

2 start on communication and 4 stars on cleanliness and rules following.

ANY input will be appreciated.

Now my dilema is do I do a review at all but I know as a host I would like to know if a guest is a person who goes the extortion route.

Thanks in advance!

18 Replies 18

@Rene-and-Zac0  I like that attitude!  I did feel like I had been pushed in a corner but I was more than willing to push back.  He was somehow able to cancel his reservation after the fact so my review of him was not posted.  We too are more than willing to work with guests and are very thankful when guests let us know if something is not up to par.  We offer refunds or discounts if needed but are much more inclined to do that when the guest is not combative.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Some time but all time you can't please everybody some people have diffent back ground in how they live I notice that lots of Airbnb family meaning host like us work hard one thing I do know your first guest and so on speak in how we receive them lets said the first 5 guest that we have give us good reviews then from there some don't or they don't give a review at all if we worry about good review then we not just me but the whole Airbnb we'll lose we as Airbnb have to protect our product now Airbnb has to is have filed agent to see what's really going on the host some are good and some are bad I know lots of us Airbnb work hard 

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Ment guest some are good and some are Bad

@Edwin57 Yes, as hosts we do work hard to make things nice for our guests.  It is also good that we can work back and forth like this between hosts to help each other.