Human Urine Soaked Into Couch

Human Urine Soaked Into Couch

Yep... you read that right. A drunk woman passed out on the couch and released her entire bladder. Bottom cushions soaked. Base frame soaked. Even the back of the sofa got hit at the bottom of the cushions. This is not to mention they attached adhesive hooks to the walls and pulled the paint off in four places. So... what to claim? I feel like I need to replace the entire couch because while I can wash the bottom cushion covers, I can't wash the foam and can't wash the base or the back cushions, which are attached to the sofa.  I could probably cobble together some kind of cleaning that may or may not work and will take the couch out of commission for other guests, but I worry that it will still smell down the road and I only have 14 days to make a claim.

What do folks think?

3 Replies 3
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@David8984 it sounds like the couch has to go. In the mean time spreading baking soda for about 5-10 hours and then vacuuming it may help getting rid of the smell

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@David8984that's disgusting 😞  They probably had a party (hence hooks on the wall for decorations)

Make sure to take good pictures and if possible a video of the couch and damaged paint.

initialize the damage claim today with the pictures and an estimate for the following costs:

- transport to the junkyard (if you will have to pay for it).

- a new couch, delivery and assembling.

- can of paint (optional)

When you will have receipts for everything you will provide them later

Good luck, I hope the guest or Airbnb cover will agree to pay.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about this @David8984 - did you manage to get something sorted out?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines