I AM ALREADY A HOST FOR AIRBNB BUT JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT OPEN HOSTING. HOW CAN i BECOME AN OPEN HOST

Answered!
Janice85
Level 2
Australia

I AM ALREADY A HOST FOR AIRBNB BUT JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT OPEN HOSTING. HOW CAN i BECOME AN OPEN HOST

I don't really have any more details and that is why I am asking how to become an Open Host and are there any repercussions to being one?

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Janice85, like everyone else, I don't know what you mean by an Open Host, but it sounds like something outside the Airbnb system, and I would be wary of it if I were you. You don't have to listen to me, though. The reason I am writing is to warn you that your profile photo is your driver's licence. Yikes! Remove that immediately and replace it with a photo of you with no identifying information in it. Airbnb has whatever you have uploaded as verification, so don't worry that you are removing verification (if you are worried). But get that thing off your public profile as soon as you can. 

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What is an open host?  

Did you get a notification from Airbnb about this?

No Helen, I just came across it whilst reading Airbnb stuff !  p.s.  I still don't know how to become an Open Host !  Janice

Sorry, but everyone has given me a different answer... where do I find out what is correct?  

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Open Host and Open Hosting are both Internet providers,it is said their customers useally communicate in uppercase only ;>)

Not understanding what you are trying to say Emiel...  what does 'upper case only' have to do with wanting to know about becoming an open host?  Also, what does it mean when you say that open hosting and open host are internet providers ??    Janice

Typing in capitals on the internet is akin to yelling, and yelling is rude 😉  I think that's what Emiel is trying to hint at.  Hope you find the answer to your question!

Emiel1
Level 10

Hi Janice,

I tried to find this 'open host' item, but is seems it does not excist (only some internetproviders with such name).

But there is the "Airbnb Open", so maybe you refer to this:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1004/what-is-airbnb-open

Otherwise we like to read the articel too, as you posted "I just came across it whilst reading Airbnb stuff"

BTW The "upper case" came with a :>) , no offence, see also below @Katie271

Hope this helps,

Emiel

I already replied to Katie Emiel... 

Emiel, if what Helen is saying is true, then you ought to have a little more gumption and put it out there with what you are trying to say.  I am not a mind reader and I do not understand why you say that open host and open hosting are both internet providers...  By the way, I put it in capital letters because that is how my computer was already set up and I think it is ridiculous to say that you think I am shouting.  People who think that way should perhaps not be so quick to take offence at mere words. Remember the adage that school children used to say? "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me!"  It is good to take that onboard ! I am a person who speaks truth and I don't try to cover it up with inuendoes.  Janice

Emiel1
Level 10

Hi @Janice85 ,

OK, it's clear to me.

Regarding the subject of your posting and considering your further explanation in your reply to @Jeff i have one other option what maybe refer to what you have read: the "co-host" or the "co-hosting marketplace". This co-hosting can also be done by companies, which are mainly active in bigger cities.
More: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1243/what-s-a-co-host

Best, Emiel

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Janice85

Airbnb open host = Host that receives an award at the annual airbnb open for outstanding hosting.

This new system is not letting me post external links but you can google airbnb open host awards

Sorry Jeff but I don't understand that either...  I saw that a person could become an open host which meant that another place could rent out your own place and so all I wanted to know is how to get in touch with that place which I think is a Real Estate Agency.  When I read about it, it said nothing about having to have an award for outstanding hosting.  

@Janice85Hi, it seems then that we are all in the dark here, perhaps you could share that article you read.

No Jeff, it had nothing to do with awards.  It said that a certain Real Estate Agency was allowed to be an 'open host' which meant he/she was allowed to go outside of Airbnb to bring his clients into Airbnb.  *sigh*... this is very frustrating... Jan