I am about to renovate my apartment. Can I remove the current listing and post it as a new one?

Marina710
Level 2
San Pedro de Alcántara, Spain

I am about to renovate my apartment. Can I remove the current listing and post it as a new one?

Hi there,

I can´t seem to find rules on this one...

Can I take off my listing and then register it again (same address) as a new listing?

I am a host only since recently and started renting my apartment in the state that i had it - fine but basic. I didn´t want to loose the season. Now that I can afford more time I am starting a complete renovation. Basically I plan to up my game.

I had some not so amazing reviews (considering size of shower for example, which i absolutely agree with) and I would like to have a fresh start once my apartment is perfect. I wouldn´t like these reviews to affect my future incomes since it will be a whole new level.

Thanks for help! I hope someone has an easy answer! 😃

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Marina710 ,

You can duplicate the listing (it's an option) and change the title, so it differs from the old one. After finishing the tuning (description, new photos etc..) you can activate it. Then deactivate the old listing (or at least block all dates from booking). The title of the new listing is attached  to the upcoming reviews, so it is clear to potential guests the old reviews belong to "another" listing.

Best regards, Emiel

Marina710
Level 2
San Pedro de Alcántara, Spain

Thank you Emiel! Does this mean old ones will be still visible in a way?

Can I just register as completely new listing instead of duplicating?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No you can't or hosts with negative reviews could just start a new listing to avoid showing their history of bad reviews.